Pre Race: Yellawood 500@ Talladega Superspeedway

Ran Xfinity at Dega last night on iRacing right after the schedule week flip. It's haunting me losing by 0.050 seconds. I've gone over that last lap hundreds of times in my head to see and learn what I could do differently. Only thing I can come up with is that I should not have tried to lightly block the 22 high in 3. I was thinking I could get him to check or break momentum a tad while still holding the 24 down. Thought I had it, but the 3 and 19 went high and won it in an epic finish. 0x for the race as well, which shocked me given how much 3 wide there was. I'm in blue 16.

That’s a heartbreaker. What’s your name on iRacing? We’ll have to race together sometime

That’s a heartbreaker. What’s your name on iRacing? We’ll have to race together sometime
I was elated at a 0X plate race, but when you're that close to winning, yeah. It was dejecting. I thought I had won for a second as I was focused on the 22, could not see the 3 that won until we were past the line. I'm also impressed we all managed to hold it and slow down without crashing after checkered.

Goodyear Fast Facts – Talladega​

SEPTEMBER 28, 2021 AT 3:42 PM

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 31 – 188 laps / 500 miles
NASCAR Xfinity Series — Race No. 28 – 113 laps / 300.6 miles
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series – Race No. 20 – 94 laps / 250 miles
Talladega Superspeedway (2.66-mile oval) – Talladega, Ala.
Fast Facts for October 2-3, 2021
Tire: Goodyear Eagle Superspeedway Radials
Set limits: Cup: 7 sets for the race; Xfinity: 4 sets for the race; Truck: 4 sets for the race
Tire Codes: Left-side — D-4886; Right-side — D-4952
Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,236 mm (88.03 in.); Right-side — 2,251 mm (88.62 in.)
Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 26 psi; Left Rear – 26 psi;
Right Front — 50 psi; Right Rear — 48 psi

Storyline – Expect tire strategy at Talladega: We will see some tire wear at Talladega Superspeedway this weekend, but teams will still be able to employ some tire strategy with some two-tire and fuel-only pit stops. Another factor is that with Talladega being the longest oval on the NASCAR circuit, it is possible to pit and not lose a lap to the race leaders. Teams outside the top-10 of the running order and not in position to earn stage points could “short-pit” and gain track position when the rest of the field pits at the end of a stage.

“Since its repave in 2010, Talladega’s track surface has aged a bit and will wear tires somewhat this weekend,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “Having said that, teams will still have the opportunity to mix in two-tire and no-tire stops in their pit strategy throughout the race. Being able to do that will help teams gain track position and potentially help them line up with teammates so they can work together in the draft.”

Notes – Teams return to Talladega on established tire set-up: Teams in all three NASCAR national series will run the same tire set-up at Talladega this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that Cup and Xfinity teams ran at this track in April . . . Cup teams began running this tire set-up at Talladega in October 2019 . . . Xfinity and Truck teams began running this set-up at Talladega last season (June and October for Xfinity, and October only for Truck) . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Talladega . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

— Goodyear Racing —

Hung out in last place all race. Went to the front with a handful of laps left and only led the final lap to take the win. Even said he yawned for the first time while in a race car before his late charge.

GOAT.

This is ruining my day

Bob Pockrass

@bobpockrass

I know everyone wants to know if they will race. This is what makes it a challenge: Does this cell that is approaching the track hit or miss? Will know soon. And then the main concern would be the cell building behind it.

It looks like it is going to dry up and stay dry until around 7.00 pm.

Does the NASCAR app have push notifications for this? It should if it doesnt.

30 minutes after sunset.
I don't know I just looked at the hour to hour forecast on the National weather webpage.

Wait a second… how do the jet driers stay on the banking?

I thought you legit had to travel at atleast 55 or something to avoid sliding down…

The 48 team needs a win today. I can't believe they got themselves in this position of looking from the outside in this early.

Back
Top Bottom