Pre Race: Yellawood 500@ Talladega Superspeedway

This sucks for a lot of people but is actually a plus for me because now I can watch the Rams game and then Dega tomorrow.

Crap- forgot my Raiders play tomorrow night! Guess no reading this board until I watch it Tuesday night.

now I can watch the Rams game
1633300672389.gif

Just get to halfway or stage 3 or whatever it is now and move on. Hell, it's Dega. You could put everyone's name in a hat and have a NASCAR official pull one and name them the winner. Would be just about as legitimate (and cheaper) than plate racing.

Doesnt matter how long the race is, full length or halfway - they only actually race the final 5 laps anyway.

IMO super-speedway races either need to have some sort of elimination format where certain positions at the rear of the field are eliminated after a certain number of laps, implement much shorter heat races, or make the race drastically shorter.

Doesnt matter how long the race is, full length or halfway - they only actually race the final 5 laps anyway.

IMO super-speedway races either need to have some sort of elimination format where certain positions at the rear of the field are eliminated after a certain number of laps, implement much shorter heat races, or make the race drastically shorter.
Well lets see how they race next year. The problem with super speedway racing in these cars is that they pack up far too easily, making it wreck city. In the 90s/early 2000s they were awesome, I'd love to see that again

Well lets see how they race next year. The problem with super speedway racing in these cars is that they pack up far too easily, making it wreck city. In the 90s/early 2000s they were awesome, I'd love to see that again
I don't profess to know enough about aerodynamics to claim this, but I do know the cars from that era didn't use a splitter. Allowing air to get under a car created a different form of draft. I love Talladega, but the racing product has slipped due to the micro-errors turning into the massive "BIG ONE"...every time. Yes, these types of wrecks occurred in previous decades, but seemed like they had a bit more ability to control those cars. Back then I loved how the draft played out, use of slingshot moves, how you almost always wanted to be SECOND instead of leading. Still some of that now, and I still love these races for the drama and edge of seat action with cars so close at 200 MPH.

I don't profess to know enough about aerodynamics to claim this, but I do know the cars from that era didn't use a splitter. Allowing air to get under a car created a different form of draft. I love Talladega, but the racing product has slipped due to the micro-errors turning into the massive "BIG ONE"...every time. Yes, these types of wrecks occurred in previous decades, but seemed like they had a bit more ability to control those cars. Back then I loved how the draft played out, use of slingshot moves, how you almost always wanted to be SECOND instead of leading. Still some of that now, and I still love these races for the drama and edge of seat action with cars so close at 200 MPH.
Yeah, when watching the replay for a bit yesterday, it was fun watching them come down the backstretch and you could see slight daylight under the car. They claim to have incorporated that into the new splitter for next gen, we'll see...

I remember that show very well and I never missed an episode. If I had only gotten my lazy azz up off of the couch and joined in instead of just sitting there stuffing my face while I was watching everyday I would probably still be that slim hard bodied youngster I was as a teenager 50+ years ago. Oh well, coulda, shoulda, woulda...but didn't. :dpepsi:

Back
Top Bottom