Predict Hendrick Motorsports Cup Stable For 2025

JGR_20

Team Owner
I thought this might be fun to a degree. I’m curious as to everyone’s predictions. I feel like Hendrick is in an interesting time with its drivers. Jimmie is on the way out, to the moment we haven’t heard who takes that seat...

Chase is lighting up doing what many hoped he would. William is still trying to build that consistency to be a front running Cup driver... he’s now got his first win so we will see how that helps him moving forward... Alex has shown great speed and seems to be on the Cusps of being one of those drivers in the mix for wins throughout the year, but has a little bit to go before getting there...

I could see most of these names being there in a few years, but I also could imagine a scenario where a couple of them could be elsewhere in another team or something to that degree, if they don’t pick their performances up...

just for fun,

9-
24-
88-
48-

Whose the drivers of those cars at the start of the 2025 season?

If you believe a number swap or one car is dropped all together, list it out.

I think it would be interesting to see your predictions

Rick asked Jeff if he wanted the #24 retired and he declined. I’m not sure where Jimmie stands on his number.

Are there any retired #s in nascar? I mean if petty and earnhardts #s aren't retired how could anyone else retire a #?

4d4c06f5-57f7-462c-85b2-3812e09367e5-Line_of_first_retail_Corvettes.jpg

NASCAR won't retire a number, but owners can retain ownership and simply choose not to run the number

God forbid they ever start retiring numbers.

Ive been watching the Wood Bro’s. 21 for years hoping it gets back to the glory days. It would break my heart if the gold 21 got shelved.

Honoring something by making it go away has never made sense to me.

People win Cups.

Car numbers are irrelevant. Just my opinion, of course.

NASCAR won't retire a number, but owners can retain ownership and simply choose not to run the number
I may be mistaken but I think owners can only retain ownership for a certain period of time if the number is not in use.

All numbers should stay in play. Dillon may never live up to the legacy of #3 and that's okay, but the next driver might. Certain numbers give us continuity to the past as well as into the future when some new star takes a beloved number and you become a fan - if for no other reason. Racing's fun and we become fans or non fans of drivers for reasons that only need to make sense to ourselves. Logic or the lack of needn't be part of the equation but then again it can be. But leave the numbers in play. They're for all fans, past, present and future.

I never understood the concept of retiring numbers in racing. For example, I Think it is very awesome the number 3 is still being used and was very excited for its return back to Cup in 2014. Sure Austin Dillon probably will never be Dale Earnhardt, but just seeing that font and number on the track a new generation of fans get to experience the number and history behind it. Thats why I hope the 48, 43, 24 and so forth are always around. As a JG fan, it was very enthralling to see the 24 win last weekend once again, brought back some very old memories.

God forbid they ever start retiring numbers.

Ive been watching the Wood Bro’s. 21 for years hoping it gets back to the glory days. It would break my heart if the gold 21 got shelved.

Honoring something by making it go away has never made sense to me.
I don’t think you’ll ever see it in the Cup Series, too few numbers to go around. It’s not like stick-n-ball sports where it’s just individual teams retiring numbers (with the exception of Jackie Robinson’s #42, which is retired league wide in MLB. )

Back
Top Bottom