Predict Your Drivers Season

I will be rooting for Dillon this year. (Kyle Busch is also growing on me for some reason).

Dillon:
3 Wins: Brickyard-Bristol-Darlington
8 Tops 5s
10 Top Tens

Will make the Chase and end up 3rd or 4th in points.

Yes.

Points racing and test racing for the chase was killing the show. I always hoped the importance of the championship would be reduced so more guys would fight for wins, I just didn't think they would delegitimize it.

Basically, I no longer give a sheet about the championship and wont watch the banquet. If the racing actually improves because of these changes, I'll be happy.

I think the racing will improve, but I disagree with it delegitimizing the Championship. Its still earned by the Champion. They had to go out and win or rac well enough to get to those final four. Thats legit enough for me

Gordon:

Wins - 2
Top 5s - 12
Top 10s - 20
Extends consecutive seasons with a pole streak to 22.

Harvick:

Wins - 5
Top 5s - 14
Top 10s - 24

I think the racing will improve, but I disagree with it delegitimizing the Championship. Its still earned by the Champion. They had to go out and win or rac well enough to get to those final four. Thats legit enough for me
Yup they still have to beat the other guys... the guy who beats the rest of the field has and always will be known as the champion after the final race...

Championship points... just refers to the fact that they are running for a championship in that series and earning points.... they need points to win it.. Can't get into the chase with no points. Sure maybe they're championship eligibility points but they are still called "championship drivers points"... or drivers championship points? lol The nature of them doesn't change the fact that they are needed to win the championship.

(Kyle Busch is also growing on me for some reason).

Kyle is growing on me too. I hated him until I watched him kick ass at the local short track's Nationals event a few years ago. He can flat out drive a race car. I could see him with 2-3 championships if he was a little more consistent in the second half of the Cup season.

Gordon:
Extends consecutive seasons with a pole streak to 22.

Hope so. With the new qualifying thing its gonna be hard for him to maintain speed for longer than two laps.

Jimmie is gonna kill everybody.

Jimmie is not great at Homestead either. Stewart is really good there, so is Edwards and despite one win Gordon is good there

Biffle and Hamlin know how to get around Homestead as well. Gordon is good everywhere, just not so much lately but that could change at any time.

Junior has a great final year with CC, wins a few, makes a run at the new championship and ............................................................

Kyle is growing on me too. I hated him until I watched him kick ass at the local short track's Nationals event a few years ago. He can flat out drive a race car. I could see him with 2-3 championships if he was a little more consistent in the second half of the Cup season.

The first time I saw Kyle race was at a Nationwide at Phoenix. He drove from the rear of the field twice and won the race, it was awesome

and we will have to wait and see.

My prediction is that no matter whom the champion may be it will be argued over daily on this site because they would not have won it under any previous systems.

and we will have to wait and see.

My prediction is that no matter whom the champion may be it will be argued over daily on this site because they would not have won it under any previous systems.
I think they would have won it under any system... see ur already right! :D

Surprised no one has done Danica Patrick yet :eek:
Wins: None (Watch her get pole and win the 500 lol)
Top 5's: Zero
Top 10's: One (At Talledega)
Drivers Championship Position: 16-18th
If she did make the chase: Knocked out in the "Challenger" round.

Surprised no one has done Danica Patrick yet :eek:
Wins: None (Watch her get pole and win the 500 lol)
Top 5's: Zero
Top 10's: One (At Talledega)
Drivers Championship Position: 16-18th
If she did make the chase: Knocked out in the "Challenger" round.

I think 16th to 18th would be an excellent position for Danica to attain in her second year . The haters will laugh , but I hope that the disarray at Stewart Hass doesn't hinder her performance.

I think 16th to 18th would be an excellent position for Danica to attain in her second year . The haters will laugh , but I hope that the disarray at Stewart Hass doesn't hinder her performance.

Is that your prediction?

JJ gets 3 or 4 wins..but falls apart in the 2nd or 3rd round of the Chase(don't know or could care less what the hell NASCAR calls them)....Junior goes on to take the BIG prize!

Back
Top Bottom