Pride goes before a fall

S

SilverRam

OK, so he won!

Actually that was not the best thing that could happen for him. The way I see it, he is just not humbled yet, and it will take something very dramatic to do so.

I see this in sports a lot. A ****y guy who just doesn't get the picture and ignores the signs and warnings to cool it. They get careless!

Pride goes before a fall, that is what the pamplet says, and I believe it.

Busch needed to get run out of this race for his own good, but he won it and now it will take a harder blow to humble him.

I am worried about him now, because that harder blow just may not be something we want to see.

The fall will come my friends, I am a believer in that.

:lol: :lol: And the Green Party will take over the White House, I believe that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by SilverRam@Aug 24 2003, 06:38 AM
OK, so he won!

Actually that was not the best thing that could happen for him. The way I see it, he is just not humbled yet, and it will take something very dramatic to do so.

I see this in sports a lot. A ****y guy who just doesn't get the picture and ignores the signs and warnings to cool it. They get careless!

Pride goes before a fall, that is what the pamplet says, and I believe it.

Busch needed to get run out of this race for his own good, but he won it and now it will take a harder blow to humble him.

I am worried about him now, because that harder blow just may not be something we want to see.

The fall will come my friends, I am a believer in that.
You have no earthly idea what your talking about. We have a tread for your post. It's call Grin and Bare it :D

Gullum,
I do know what I'm talking about. B)

You obviously don't have much experience either with Nascar, nor sports period. If you do have a lot of experience, then I have a question for you, why are you so blind?

But I rather just believe your nieve and possibly very young, and that would account for your comment.

Remember Gullum, **Pride does go before a fall**. Busch is headed for one, a big one.
:(

Some more great info from your so-called sources SilverRam?

Well ram It' s like this.
1st Its Gollum not Gullem
2nd I am 50 years old.
3rd. Your right I may not have a lot of expertise in nascar. But I happen to belive that drivers are grown men. Not children that you seen to say they are.
4th I don't have a problen with you. But I don't understand a poster that comes on a board. And every post he makes he bashing one driver. You have made it clear that you hate Busch. Well I don't like Busch either. But I don't let it control everything I say and post. There were a lot of drivers out there I would have rather seen win than busch more like the guy that finished 2nd. Get over your hatred for Busch and post on other treads. So have a nice day.

If Gullum is older then dirt, then why is he such a novice in respect of competition?

Maybe he never won anything in his life, or possibly never competed in the sports world at all.

In any case, he shows that he understands nothing about the dynamics of the competitive scene.

My statement still stands strong, Pride goes before a fall.

Originally posted by Gollum@Aug 24 2003, 08:49 AM
Well ram It' s like this.
1st Its Gollum not Gullem
2nd I am 50 years old.
3rd. Your right I may not have a lot of expertise in nascar. But I happen to belive that drivers are grown men. Not children that you seen to say they are.
4th I don't have a problen with you. But I don't understand a poster that comes on a board. And every post he makes he bashing one driver. You have made it clear that you hate Busch. Well I don't like Busch either. But I don't let it control everything I say and post. There were a lot of drivers out there I would have rather seen win than busch more like the guy that finished 2nd. Get over your hatred for Busch and post on other treads. So have a nice day.
Easy Gollum, remember your high blood pressure :D Take a deep breath and repeat after me: IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE!! :lol:

Ram, who died and made you Mr. Know All about competitive sports?

(note to self) Easy Nascat, Take a deep breath and repeat: IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good advice for Gullem, if indeed he has high blood pressure. If so then my advice to ya gullem, don't spend too much time dealing with me, because you'll vapor lock! :p

Nascat, I never said I know it all! I am very experienced in competitive arena's, and one thing I have learned, is that when a competitor rises up with pride, his fall is just as hard.

Like the concept that the bigger they are, the harder they fall. :huh:

My statement still stands strong.

Pride goes before a fall!

You know?

The only thing you guys have attacked is my personal attitude, but you have not yet even tried to erode this statement. Why is that?

The statement offends you, and you attack the message giver. You guys are too easily offended, and your emotions are in control of you, this is a sign of blindness.

Originally posted by SilverRam@Aug 24 2003, 08:58 AM
Good advice for Gullem, if indeed he has high blood pressure. If so then my advice to ya gullem, don't spend too much time dealing with me, because you'll vapor lock! :p
G-O-L-L-U-M is my brother and I know him well enough that he wont waste to much time on someone like you. He has too much respect for this Forum. More than I can say about you.

When a competiter doesn't have pride then he doesn't have a whole lot going for him.

I never said I didn't agree with that statment. I don't think it will be the drivers to bring Busch down a few notches. It will be Nascar or Nextel depends on the year.

So your brothers huh?

Well, being pleased and proud of your occomplishments in respect for the rewards of hard work, is different then being haughty and arrogant, full of pride because you got something without a lot of hard work. Which is where Kurt Busch is today.

It's that kind of pride that leads to great falls.

Matt Kenseth is one who knows better then to be so arrogant, that is why he is atop the Nascar scene right now. Matt will keep on going too, while Busch will struggle to **take** any respect he can.

My statement still stands strong

Pride goes before a fall.

Originally posted by SilverRam@Aug 24 2003, 02:34 PM
Gullum,
I do know what I'm talking about. B)

You obviously don't have much experience either with Nascar, nor sports period. If you do have a lot of experience, then I have a question for you, why are you so blind?

But I rather just believe your nieve and possibly very young, and that would account for your comment.

Remember Gullum, **Pride does go before a fall**. Busch is headed for one, a big one.
:(
I guess I fall into the naive category as well since I am trying, desperately, to figure out what the point of this subject matter is.

If it is "pride goeth before a fall", that is true. And every driver or sport figure has had this happen at some point in thier career. But what is your point in bringing this to the forefront and defending......................what ???

Or is it your personal prognosis of future events, and anxious wait in hoping for disasterous results to one Kurt Busch?

That Kurt Busch will sucumb to the ravage of the adage "pride goeth before a fall"?? Well, hell yes, it do. I understand that too. I conceed. You win.

Of course it might be ten or twenty years from now, or it could be tomorrow. But what is the logic behind the center of your statement ?
At the tender age of sixty-six and several years of actual experience in racing, I don't understand why, Silver Ram, you are beating this "pride goeth before a fall" thing like a dead horse and insulting the intelligence of anyone who steps up to the plate.

But maybe it doesn't have anything to do with racing at all. Is it a ploy to instigate discussion ?? Is it an attempt to create a diversionary tactic due to shortcomings on the part of the poster ?? These are just simple questions from a simple old man with too much time on his hands and an inquiring mind.

This is not an attack on the messenger. I'm just trying establish what the logic is behind the post.
Personally, I find the majority of the posters here to be respectful, honest, some with a sense of humor, some with a perverted sense of humor (my personal favorite), some with more knowledge than one might imagine, and none of them seem to blow thier horns about how much they do or do not know. Except me. And that was to make a point, which was done.

So, getting back to the topic at hand here Silver Ram, what is your point ?? Or is there one ??? Because what you have posted so far is beyond me and I ain't too proud to admit I might be two cards short of a full deck when it comes to dealing (pun intended) with "understanding". :cheers:

I have no problem with SilverRam stating his own personal opinion of a driver. He chooses to dislike/hate Kurt in public, that's his perogative.

It's other posters perogative to ignore or disagree with other's opinions. I have a problem when the disagreement turns into personal attacks.

Agree to disagree and move on.

TRL, I don't think any of the rest of us have a problem with SilverRam stating his like/dislike for a driver we have all done that at one time or another. I know the problem I am having with SilverRam's posts is they all seem to be attacks on Busch. What purpose does that really serve?
You are right we can ignore his post, or maybe someone should tell him, he has made his view very clear and to move on to a different subject.
Just my opinion.

Silver, quiet please and please remember that this forum is NOT about bashing each other or drivers. I'm sure, after reading your posts, that YOU may need "Anger Management".
AND I'M PIZZED AT MYSELF FOR EVEN BOTHERING TO POST IN THIS THREAD!

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@Aug 24 2003, 04:02 PM
I have no problem with SilverRam stating his own personal opinion of a driver.  He chooses to dislike/hate Kurt in public, that's his perogative.

It's other posters perogative to ignore or disagree with other's opinions.  I have a problem when the disagreement turns into personal attacks. 

Agree to disagree and move on.
I agree TRL. But he is eat up with Busch it controlls everything he has to say. The Busch thing is over with, So why does he continue to bash. He has made his point. He hates Busch.

I appologize for any ripples I might have caused. I had plenty more to say but decided it was best left alone.
Nuff Said!!

Comes as no shock that Whiz is on the money about ths "pride" deal. Saying (at least in competitions of all kinds) that pride goes before the fall, is kinda like saying nobody wins forever. Or that you can't fall if you're not standing or at least sitting up.

What is not explained anywhere is why having pride precede the fall from grace is a bad thing.

Kinda guessing that perhaps the implication is that Kurt's pride is a false pride..which is a judgment best not left to mortal man in most cases.

But let's look at this one just for giggles.

Over the past two seasons in Kurt's chosen field, name the driver with more wins. Don't bother. You can't. Is this an accomplishment of which any driver could and should be proud?

****y, arrogant, ....oh yeah. In some fans opinion he may be a bit too up front about it. But at heart rest of assured of one basic and unescapable fact about every driver who straps a car to his/her back and enters the fray each race Sunday. He/she is convinced that he/she can wield a car like no mortal should be allowed to do. You show me a driver without this arrogance, this confidence, this unshakable belief in their own abilities and I will show a driver relegated to also ran status at the local bullring forever. And this driver will not even be doing that for long. You simply cannot play in the show without it.

Over years, as Whiz pointed out, time will grind some of the brashness off the young man. Just as it has all those who passed this way before him. To me, that is a dem shame, but is a truism much like death and taxes.

Love him, hate him, ignore him. Kurt Busch is proving himself the genuine article. If the fates decide (and only the fates will decide) to grant him a long and illustrious career, the number of fans who now condemn him will at some point brag of realizing his talent and watching him run in the "old days" before the new fans of that future time even knew the sport. "Old timers" are like that............LMAO

Trust me on this folks,,,,,,,,,seen it before.

I dont mean to fan the fire but when SilverRam just rubs it into the board and makes like 10 threads a day saying why Busch should be suspended or killed or changes every threads subject to befit the insulting of Kurt Busch then it's very annoying. I also dont like it when SilverRam also goes out of his way to insult other members once in a while, a line has to be drawn and somewhere.

But if you notice, I never insult another on this board unless I am first insulted. Take this thread for example, I only state my feelings and beliefs on a subject, and I get a post telling me I don't know what I'm talking about (which was meant as an insult). And, I didn't cry about being insulted, I only gave it back.

Seriously, some of you take this too seriously.

I have offered Happy two very good opportunities to do things he has never had a chance to do, and niether one was taken up.

I may sound provoking, but if you look a little closer, you just may see something you like. But most of you can't see because your emotions are in the way.

I think age has something to do with sight, because Whiz and hardscrabble seem to be able to see beyond the surface.

It's funny to see all you get in an uproar over what I think of Kurt Busch.

I don't hate him, and I surely don't wish him any injury like someone has posted that I do.

I simply believe he is headed for a fall, and as subjective as that may sound, the objectivness will prove me right.

And that is another subjective statement! :dual9mm:

It's easy for people to get in an uproar b/c they see opposing views as a personal attack to themselves. Those people aren't worth arguing w/, and will often lead to name calling before too long.

I think that Kurt Busch is a talented driver, but I can't say that I don't think Kurt Busch might be headed for a fall. He survived this past week extremely well, considering the circumstances, but can he do that every single week for the next couple weeks? For the next couple years? I hope he can make amends w/ jimmy spencer, but i think that will never be a possibility after this weekend. I hope at the very least he learns to stop running his mouth like he does sometimes, because that's what is really going to get him in trouble.

I do hope Kurt overcomes adversity and grows up a little at the same time. Nobody belongs in the Cup series, they have to make themselves belong.

Back
Top Bottom