Primetime Thursday

majestyx

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if anyone is interested or not but......

ABC's Primetime Thursday will discuss the horrific crash of Busch Racer Mike Harmon at Bristol. The show will air tonight at 10 pm Eastern/9 pm Central. They also had a little snipit regarding the crash of Dale Earnhardt. There are two other non-racing topics to be discussed on the show, so my best guess would be that this part will most likely be at the last part of the show. I could be wrong, but they usually put the most interesting thing on these shows last.

Just thought I would pass this on if you hadn't heard about it.

Yeah, I saw the show ad last night. Gonna have to watch it. ;)

Thanks for the warning!! I guess I will have to flip back and forth from ER to that!!

I think they are also going to talk to Brandon walsh (jason priestley).

Originally posted by majestyx

I could be wrong, but they usually put the most interesting thing on these shows last.

You are right the good things are usually at the end...and I sit through all the stuff I really didn't want to see and then I fall asleep before it comes on. LOL

From their website...

abc_mike_harmon_030130_chat.jpg

In August 2002, veteran NASCAR driver Mike Harmon survived a spectacular crash during a practice run at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee.
Harmon's No. 44 Chevrolet was crushed, shredded and literally ripped in half, lengthwise. Yet, by an extraordinary twist of fate, he walked away without a scratch.

Watch dramatic footage of the crash on Primetime Thursday at 10 p.m. ET, and join Mike Harmon in a live online chat on ABCNEWS.com on Friday, Jan. 31, at 2 p.m. ET.

Originally posted by Dinoforthe3
I think they are also going to talk to Brandon walsh (jason priestley).

That is on 20/20 on Friday nite. (Still on ABC station):)

Kinda funny how ABC is doing racing stuff and advertising it well, but when it comes down to the IRL they could care less about promoting there races well.

This has always been their way of thinking. If they watched and saw what happened at FOX and NBC, they would learn that hyping an event will make a difference. They also need to get some new blood in their reporting. Do they still use Goober Page?

yes they do!! They had jason Prestily in the booth 2 years ago, but that did not work. Bob jenkins needs to be the play by play announcer and Page the host.

I watched the segment and while it was good, it looked to me like Cuomo was almost trying to show what a hick this man and sport really is. Also, the way they kept running the tape up to the point of impact and then stopping and saying they would come back sort of irked me. I did like the animation that showed what it might have really looked like. The best part was when Mike was crawling out of the car and the people came running up and grabbing his hand. To my knowledge, they never talked to the driver (I believe it was a female, can't remember her name) that drove through Mike's car. As I recall, she had a very hard time with this. My guess is that she wouldn't have put the right slant on the story. Just a hunch. Enjoyed the segment though.

I think I have to agree with you buckaroo. BTW, the car that drove through the wreckage of Mike's car was Johnny Sauter in the #2 AC Delco Car.

Originally posted by buckaroo
Okay, now I'm thinking the girl who drove through a car was an ARCA driver.  Help me here people! :)

You are thinking of Debra Renshaw.
:)

Back
Top Bottom