Pro-Modifieds @ Kennedale

Great pics Mag.It's always a good show out there on Pro Mod Night.

What I can't believe, is that this track used to be 1/4 mile. I mean literally, the trees are maybe 5/8 of a mile from the starting line. We're gonna be getting a door car to take out there, But just standing out on the track at the timing boards, all you see are barrells, rolls of hay, and trees. A Scott Kalitta or Jerry Caminito just waiting to happen.

What I can't believe, is that this track used to be 1/4 mile. I mean literally, the trees are maybe 5/8 of a mile from the starting line. We're gonna be getting a door car to take out there, But just standing out on the track at the timing boards, all you see are barrells, rolls of hay, and trees. A Scott Kalitta or Jerry Caminito just waiting to happen.

It happened some years ago.I was there.The throttle stuck on a rail running Super Pro class 1 night.He went strait out over the tires and caught on fire.He was so deep in the trees that the firemen had a hard time getting there to put it out.They started asking for the fire extinguishers everybody had there at the track to put it out.He died a couple days later from burns and injuries from where the trees came thru the rool cage.That happened when it was 1/8th mile too not the 1/4 mile set-up.With all the improvements they have made to that track I think the run-off area is still 1 that's left unchanged.

Yeah sounds like he's a very lucky man.

I would say so. Wonder what happened. You can see that picture is a hair shy if the 1/4 mile mark- you can see where it goes from concrete to asphalt at the old 1/4 finish line.

W're playing it safe. We're looking for a door car, but strict requirements- It absolutely must have a funny car cage in it. Or at least a pro stock cage that we can weld a funny car cage into. Plus have a supercharger and big block chevy.

I would say so. Wonder what happened. You can see that picture is a hair shy if the 1/4 mile mark- you can see where it goes from concrete to asphalt at the old 1/4 finish line.

W're playing it safe. We're looking for a door car, but strict requirements- It absolutely must have a funny car cage in it. Or at least a pro stock cage that we can weld a funny car cage into. Plus have a supercharger and big block chevy.

Sounds like fun mag.

Back
Top Bottom