Problems for Spencer's family

H

HappyHour

Spencer's relatives sentenced in tire scheme
The Associated Press

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - Four relatives of NASCAR driver Jimmy Spencer, including his father and brother, have been sentenced to a year's probation for selling hundreds of stolen truck tires at a family junkyard.
The driver's father and brother, Ed Spencer and Ed Spencer Jr., and his uncle and cousin, Edgar W. Spencer and Edgar W. Spencer Jr., pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and receiving stolen property. They were sentenced Dec. 23.

The Spencers were charged with selling new and recapped tires that had been stolen from a dealer's warehouse, prosecutors said.

I was wondering about the disposition of the case. Seems like it took a long time to bring it to an end. Wonder what they were thinking when they did this? :(

Are they sure Jimmy wasn't a part of that? Maybe he forgets.

Maybe it could have something to do with why Ganassi wanted to get rid of him. Felt that it would have surfaced in upcoming season and create a controversy.

Umm........no.

It came up and caused what controversy it was going to LAST season. Chippy just wanted a different driver, for reasons of his own.

By actual race time, Jimmy Spencer's thieving relatives will be a forgotten story.

Well it happened last season correct? Last season he got the ax!

I just vaguely remember anything about that. Does it reflect on Jimmy? I'm pretty sure that if Jimmy was even remotely involved it would have been BIG TIME news.:)

Back
Top Bottom