Project LMP1: Acura on SPEED, any thoughts?

F

flybri

Hi Everyone,
I'm just sitting here taking in the show, "Project LMP1: Acura's Next Challenge" on SPEED Channel. Wondering if anyone else is watching it, and what your thoughts might be. It looks like Acura built a gas-powered car to compete with the Audi diesels, which have since dropped out of the ALMS series. Does this mean that Acura will be as dominant as the Audis have been...?
I can't wait for the racing season to begin! I'm already beginning my preparations for the trip to Virgina for the Rolex season opener! I live within earshot of Mid Ohio, so of course I'll be going to ALMS and Grand Am races there, as well as ALMS at Road America, and possibly a trip to Watkins Glen, and/or Mosport. Yea, I know, there's a recession/depression on, but I refuse to participate!
Hope to see you all at the track!
Cheers! :cheers:
Brian

Hi Everyone,
I'm just sitting here taking in the show, "Project LMP1: Acura's Next Challenge" on SPEED Channel. Wondering if anyone else is watching it, and what your thoughts might be. It looks like Acura built a gas-powered car to compete with the Audi diesels, which have since dropped out of the ALMS series. Does this mean that Acura will be as dominant as the Audis have been...?
I can't wait for the racing season to begin! I'm already beginning my preparations for the trip to Virgina for the Rolex season opener! I live within earshot of Mid Ohio, so of course I'll be going to ALMS and Grand Am races there, as well as ALMS at Road America, and possibly a trip to Watkins Glen, and/or Mosport. Yea, I know, there's a recession/depression on, but I refuse to participate!
Brian

I am. I was thinking about the width of the front tires when they explained why...That thing has got to be a pain to handle...

Hi Everyone,
Brian
Mosport and RA are two of the top 5 tracks in North America.

Hi Everyone,
Brian

You should take the time and go to New Jersey Motorsports Park. It's 40 miles from Philly and Atlantic City. Fantastic racing facility. Very fan friendly. Grand-Am races there in late April... I'll be going to the ARCA race in September (money-permitting). And the racing is fantastic.

a photo for magnethead of the "Corkscrew"

15n87jc.jpg

a photo for magnethead of the "Corkscrew"

15n87jc.jpg
I was talking to a guy that's ran it in the AX school yesterday. He summed it up in one sentence: "You gas it off the previous corner. you brake as much as you can without lock up. You turn a blind left, a blind right, drop 2 gears, and get back on it."

Back
Top Bottom