Put it to a vote...

No question avaiable to import.

• Hell no, ban it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely, freedom of speech!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted Paul.............I've read most of what you are referring to. Let the vote remain secrete but I almost hit the roof with his comment about smack500's spelling. And I was the one of the ones arguing with smack the most in that thread!! Very much uncalled for.

I know I'm new here but, I left another group because of the back stabbing, vulger language and personal attacks. I read the National Debt Clock thread and he/she has to go. Personal attacks and just plain bad behavior shouldn't be tolerated, especially if one has been warned. :(

Well now that I have read everything, I will add my .02. Smack opened himself up a big can of worms, but that is no reason to go off on him. I have an issue with the U.N. flag more than the debt. thing but I will not go there. I hope Smack has learned to leave touchy subjects alone that do not belong here. If D. was sent a PM about his behavior before this personal attack on Smack, he prob. should go. If it was because of this he got the PM, this should be his OFFICIAL warning. I will step off the soap box now. Thanks Paul for letting us have our input.

man , i just read her posts and her posts made my "bad days" post look tame, i thought i was crude at times but atleast mine were funny insults like "sarsasm", i say ban her for awhile and let her think about it!!!! smack was too much of a man to make horrible comments back to her!!!

Just read the national debt thread. It kinda reminded me of being at 4m.net or the AFCN Rant. I do not think we need that here.

Originally posted by paul
Are you saying Fergy didn't send you a private message during your last little rant?  That's a warning.

If you read through all the threads you took part in today, you can see three times where I told you to stop with your name calling.  You kept it up.  There's another few warnings for you.

When are you going to understand that I can dislike an organization and say what I damn well please about it, you are not the MDA (flashback of Budgirl).
Yes...he did give me a warning. That was a PROPER warning. If I had received a warning like that from you; I would have stopped. So basically I only received 1 warning. And with the MDA argument....its not worth arguing about anymore. Just that they help me. You don't have to like them, just PLEASE don't slam them anymore.

For furture reference, you can consider a warning from a moderator as a warning from me. What they say should be taken just as seriously as if I were to say it.

ahhh what a great thread. I run an email list and am experienced at pushing the Big Red Button.

Remember when I first got here Paul? You and me bud, bumpin and bangin all the way.....but it was civil. And that old boy is the bottom line.

You see, I've been around the track with mods on a number of different boards, and on any number of email list. Let's just say I use traction control. And it seems to me that so do you.

Now let's get down to the question at hand.

Has there been any indication that the offending party is willing to at least TRY to clean up their postings and/or any remorse exhibited?

If the answer in your opinion....the only one that really counts here and you and I both know it.....is yes, then by all means give them another chance. If the answer is no, pull the plug for a cool off period if not completely.

"I'll try not to do it again" or "I'll try to at least keep it clean" or some such statement, with or without an apology seems to me to be what your decision should be based on.

Pushing the BIG RED BUTTON is never easy Paul, and if it ever gets to be easy, give the board away. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

your experience, opinions, and milage may vary.
:rolleyes:

Well said 71.

But, I think that Dupont is trying to apologize and say that he won't do it again but hasn't actually said it.

As you can see from the overwhelming votes that the way he's been acting is not appreciated. I'm pretty sure a blind man could get the picture, so hopefully Dupont will.

While I don't know if an apology is warranted.....that is imo never up to the reciever.....I do know that a simple "I'll try to do better" would probably go a long way towards getting to stay.

I know I wouldn't just hang and hope it gets better. I suggest you send a private note asking if they are going to cool it or not, and figure that anything other than "yes" means no. It's really kind of simple if you don't debate it. And no need to make out like yer trying to be politically correct. Just aske the question.

You gonna cool it or not?
Yes or No.

Very good. I'll consider the question asked, right here, by you...let's see his response.

Very good.  I'll consider the question asked, right here, by you...let's see his response.
Yes, I have and will "COOL IT". I have sent out a private apology to all that apply. I also would just like an apology from PAUL ; for his slamming of the MDA...this organization is close to my heart...they have done alot for me and other people. I felt that yes you have your right to your OPINION and I have mine, but like this forum is about....if it is pointed out that it hurts somebody...keep your OPINIONS to yourself. I have apologized to Paul....now that is all I want back from him.

Well ya know it's like I said....imo an apology is never up to the reciever. And expecting someone to apologize is like waiting for a bus that's already gonna by.

Originally posted by 71Fan
Well ya know it's like I said....imo an apology is never up to the reciever. And expecting someone to apologize is like waiting for a bus that's already gonna by.
All I know is that I've owned up to my mistakes.

Then why concern yourself with what somebody else does or doesn't do?

Originally posted by 71Fan
Then why concern yourself with what somebody else does or doesn't do?
Because, What HE said HURT me! He may not think it does, but It DOES!

If I shot somebody in the foot and then said I was sorry for doing so, would that make the hole any smaller?

I guess I just don't get it. If you're so offended by a board owner's position on some issue, why stick around and tolerate it, hoping he'll apologize? I would just leave with some dignity intact, not try to force someone into saying something he doesn't mean or wish to say. This isn't a relationship we're in. It's a racing board. It's not supposed to be this deep.

JMO. We all know what they're worth.

so than why am I apologizing? Not that I'm taking MY apology back. The reason to apologize is to own up to your mistakes. The reason for this VOTE is that I hurt someone...I realize I did! He needs to realize before I did this....He hurt me my putting down the MDA which in reality hurt me. He needs to realize that anyone with Muscular Dystrophy IS the MDA. They are the people that make up the Organization. Yes, Paul has his right to his opinion, but he would feel the same way if I put down the organization that helps him. I would never put down another organization that helps people with physical disabilities. All I did was make a post thanking people for their donations to the MDA, then he started slamming it. Like someone said on the Post on 9/11..."if you have a problem with it....don't post!" He could have easily done that. I apologized to him...the least he could do is be a man, and do the same.

Originally posted by abooja
I guess I just don't get it. If you're so offended by a board owner's position on some issue, why stick around and tolerate it, hoping he'll apologize? I would just leave with some dignity intact, not try to force someone into saying something he doesn't mean or wish to say. This isn't a relationship we're in. It's a racing board. It's not supposed to be this deep.  

JMO. We all know what they're worth.
Trust me you would feel the same if HE put YOU to a Vote!

If Jerry Lewis himself comes here demanding my apology I would tell him to go screw.

I listed other organizations that I feel are not a scam and asked people to donate to them as an alternative. I have nothing against people with MD.

If Jerry Lewis himself comes here demanding my apology I would tell him to go screw.

I listed other organizations that I feel are not a scam and asked people to donate to them as an alternative.  I have nothing against people with MD.
OK then You have your opinion, but those other Organizations don't help people with MD. And at least you got the MD right...alot of people confuse it with MS (MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS)...not the same!

:yeehaw: Like wiping your arse on a wagonwheel,not getting anywhere Paul.:p

Those other organizations don't help people with MD??

What planet did you come from?

Those other organizations don't help people with MD??

What planet did you come from?
Lets just give it up...you'll never understand!

Given up.

Watch your step. :)

Dupont, again you are posting venom and attacking without reason or knowledge.

Too far already, steps over the edge too often. Let's ALL say BYE-BYE

Is all this drama really worth it?

Dupont...Is this really the hill you want to die on?

Paul...Is someone who is this "high-maintainance" worth the time you have already put into it?

I don't agree with Paul's liberal stance on a lot of issues, so I simply don't address them. I am not here to slam anyone. I can not see the point of disrespecting someone on their own board. Maybe you, Dupont, could try the same approach. If you can't, you may wish to try another racing forum. Lord knows there are many of them out there.

Dupont...I will not disrespect Paul by posting these other sites on here, but if you are interested, PM me and I will give you a few ideas if you chose to go this route. It may be the best for all concerned.

There wasn't this much debate over the 2000 election results in Florida.

I'm am reminded of "you" and "I"

I think the moon is made of green cheese.
You are insane for thinking it's made of anything else.

Back
Top Bottom