PWC Andrew Palmer and Jorge de la Torre

DUN24

Skeptical of the Spectacle
Does anyone know any info about these guys' condition?

Hard wreck last weekend. It was announced Jorge had multiple fractures and Palmer sustained a head injury... About 4 days ago. No news is bad news and I'm just hoping I'm out of the loop.

Haven't heard anything since Tuesday. Basically what you said, fractures and bruising for Jorge and some sort of head injury for Palmer.

Haven't heard anything since Tuesday. Basically what you said, fractures and bruising for Jorge and some sort of head injury for Palmer.

Sketch. I can't even find video of the accident. A co-worker says he saw a gif of it over the weekend. All I know is that Andrew landed in the trees and it took 20 minutes to extricate him.

Sketch. I can't even find video of the accident. A co-worker says he saw a gif of it over the weekend. All I know is that Andrew landed in the trees and it took 20 minutes to extricate him.
Afaik there's no video of it since it happened in the morning warm-up. But the description didn't sound good. Sounded to me like the Aston blew an engine or something and then the Bentley got caught up in the oil and couldn't stop...

The extrication length doesn't sound that bad to me considering Palmer's car actually left the track. I imagine getting caught up in the woods would make everything very difficult.

@DUN24

http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-challenge/de-la-torre-undergoes-surgery-for-fractures/

Below is a statement from Aston Martin Racing:

“Jorge sustained several fractures which were repaired in surgery on Tuesday at Hartford Hospital.

“He currently remains in hospital where he has demonstrated strength and good spirits this week. Jorge plans to begin rehabilitation as soon as he is released.

“The medical team at Hartford Hospital are monitoring Jorge’s progress and will determine when his release will be granted.

“Jorge and Aston Martin Racing want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers throughout this trying situation. Our thoughts remain with Jorge, Andrew and the Bentley team.”

Freaking violent accident. I have to imagine the Bentley was hauling ass when he hit him to a) injure Both as bad as it did, and b) toss the Bentley like a rag doll into the woods.

Good news. I saw CBSSN's coverage of this race and I think I know where the accident happened. Blind downhill under the bridge right after a kink(I don't know which corner), there is about 15 feet between the track and the trees.

Good news. I saw CBSSN's coverage of this race and I think I know where the accident happened. Blind downhill under the bridge right after a kink(I don't know which corner), there is about 15 feet between the track and the trees.
I know that area you're talking about, the west bend followed by the downhill. But I remember reading when the incident was first reported that it happened in the turn 1 (big bend) runoff area. Which is why I said earlier I think there was oil from the Aston or someone else on track. Palmer would've been going full speed and unable to stop.

I know that area you're talking about, the west bend followed by the downhill. But I remember reading when the incident was first reported that it happened in the turn 1 (big bend) runoff area. Which is why I said earlier I think there was oil from the Aston or someone else on track. Palmer would've been going full speed and unable to stop.

Ah yeah, that makes sense too.

Back
Top Bottom