Quaker State 400 Bonehead

Yeah Jimbo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JJ is just running out the year and probably doesn't care if Jeff makes any more money off him. :blink::sarcasm:

I was going to pick Austin Dillon for spinning himself out trying not to pit when the caution came out. But it worked out for him and then Johnson topped it any way.

Can't run top 5 anymore without screwing himself. Forced himself into retiring too early. Think's he's the USA Alonso. No chance in Indycar for next year. Too bad.

Can't run top 5 anymore without screwing himself. Forced himself into retiring too early. Think's he's the USA Alonso. No chance in Indycar for next year. Too bad.
Don't think he forced himself. He's tapped out.the fire is gone and is more interested in his family and cycling. He still has the talent. JT he's psyching himself out

Jimmie shouldn't have tried to block it.

At the same time Brad laid back a good car length in the restart zone to get that run on him. How about some enforcement on that, when restarts are more important than ever.

At the same time Brad laid back a good car length in the restart zone to get that run on him. How about some enforcement on that, when restarts are more important than ever.
Who doesn’t do that when they can? We see 2nd place starters beat the leader on restarts time and time again and rarely is it addressed.....

Brad is being stubborn. He wrecked Jimmie. Rather, he enabled Jimmie to wreck himself because that's how he feels about blocking. Which is his right of course and it's on Jimmie for making an impulsive move.

However. That could have been avoided without Brad lifting. If Brad went about her half lane lower, Earl would have called "inside" a half second later at most, and Jimmie would have given him room and Brad wouldn't even have to have lifted. This happens every restart.

But Brad's PTSD from getting wrecked by cutting people slack basically said "nope".

It's a racing deal. But it's on Jimmie.

Who doesn’t do that when they can? We see 2nd place starters beat the leader on restarts time and time again and rarely is it addressed.....

Try to get away with as much as possible, but if everyone starts hanging back to take a running start at the guy infront of them, then it becomes an issue. 2nd place is allowed to beat the leader to the line on restarts, just not allowed to go before he goes (that gets penalized sometimes), if he spins the tires or you end up getting a better push from behind then that's what happens, fair game.

Reactions: Pat
Jimmie. He looks like a shell of his former self. That Pocono wreck took a toll on him, no doubt.
Jimmie's issue is reaction time quick decisions in the high downforce package. He's slower.

He still has the talent. Once he made the move for 3rd, he ran the fastest lap of the race by like a 10th and was looking much like the JJ of old there.

But he gets too excited and his hands can't keep up with his brain anymore.

Jimmie should have tried to block it. But it sure as hell doesn't work when you wait until Kez was up on his quarter panel to do it. We see blocks gone wrong all the time. Truex blocked Custer, he didn't get wrecked, but it wasn't a very good block

Jimmie should have tried to block it. But it sure as hell doesn't work when you wait until Kez was up on his quarter panel to do it. We see blocks gone wrong all the time. Truex blocked Custer, he didn't get wrecked, but it wasn't a very good block
Reaction time. Yeah.

Jimmie

Part of watching Cup this year is wondering when the 48 will screw the pooch.

If he races smart/luck holds up and finds a way to win this year the reaction will be off the hook.

I'll recant my statement, should have tried to block it, just not try to block it all the way down to the grass when he's on your quarter already and you know it's Brad behind you. Kez is never backing out of that with 20 to go on a restart.

I'll recant my statement, should have tried to block it, just not try to block it all the way down to the grass when he's on your quarter already and you know it's Brad behind you. Kez is never backing out of that with 20 to go on a restart.
Again, who would?

Try to get away with as much as possible, but if everyone starts hanging back to take a running start at the guy infront of them, then it becomes an issue. 2nd place is allowed to beat the leader to the line on restarts, just not allowed to go before he goes (that gets penalized sometimes), if he spins the tires or you end up getting a better push from behind then that's what happens, fair game.
I didn't think 2nd was allowed to beat them to the line on a restart?

ETA: Just saw an old article where NASCAR said No 1 has to be the first to start, but no 2 can beat him to the line.

I didn't think 2nd was allowed to beat them to the line on a restart?

They changed the rule a number of years ago. The leader has priority to be the first to go in the restart zone, if they get beat to the line they get beat to the line, as long as they control the start and are the first to go.

For the initial start of the race, yes that rule is the same, you're not allowed to beat the leader to the line. Chase got penalized for that at Phoenix last year.

The whole accordion start needs to stop. It seems like it’s the new method to try to get the jump but the drivers behind have to deal with the aftermath. It used to be very poor sportsmanship to pull that.

The latest revision of adding the restart zone took most of the game playing of year's past away. Stacking up the field and then zooming off with or without the wreck behind has been pretty much eliminated. The lead driver can play games in the start zone, but if they don't go before the end of the starting box all bets are off. The lead car can try to make a deal to get bumped from behind, but like Truex telling Harvick to bump him doesn't always work. :laugh:

NASCAR for throwing a caution when, late in the race, Kenseth spun out onto pit road without contacting anything.

Although the ending of the race was great, without the caution the battle between Harvick and Truex Jr. for the win might have been a classic.

Back
Top Bottom