question

Lap3Forever

Staff member
how mutch $$$ should i need. we are staying in tescalooas. my firend and his g/f are in one room. so how mutch is a room plus like a shrit at the track and food? could i do it on 200 bucks? holtell for 2 nights and orther stuff?

lappy, you should check with the hotel for their rates. I know that the hotels usually go way up on their rates during events like these. You better make sure that you have a reservation! T-shirts at the track usually run $23-$25 for short sleeve ones, and they get more expensive. You can also look at spending at least $25/day for food if you eat at the track! ($4.00 for ONE corny dog and $3.00 for a bottled soda!)

Can ya do two nights at a hotel and other stuff for $200?

Probably not. Ya might not even get the room for that unless ya stay in B'Ham or near the GA-AL state line.

How many days ya spending at the track? How much and what do ya eat?

Just about any way ya figure it you should need 3 meals a day. That's at least 6 meals and probably more. Figure around $5 per and you're at $30 minimum. IF the weather is warm and ya stick to just bottled water for the two days figure another $10.

Now ya got around $160 for the hotel and I would bet nothing near the track is gonna be $80 per night by the time all those little hotel surcharges ring up.......How much is yer friend paying for his room?

Like maj said ya absolutely have to check on the room before ya go, unless yer friend and his girl will let ya bunk in with them. If ya can talk them into it, that is the way to go.

$200 would be cutting it close!! When I went to the Indy 500 2 years ago I took $50 and spent it all, on a t-shirt, food and drinks ( I bought food and drinks for my brother who bought the tickets)
The Hotel will be what would be hard to do. If you don't have anymore money you could always hit up the parents for a few bucks!!

Yeah man, I have to echo HS and PB4510 on this one - it's the hotels/motels that get ya when you go to Winston Cup races. I used to go to Dover and Richmond twice a year. Not anymore. The Dover hotels went from $100-$125 a night to $600 for the weekend (three-night minimum, which is what most of them enforce now.)

Honestly I think the ticket prices and food prices at WC events are about the same as Major League Baseball, National Football League and National Hockey League events. The great thing about WC events though is that you can pick up a 12-pack of beer, a 6-pack of bottled water and a 12-inch hoagie from Subway and take it in with ya. It's just the crooks running the hotels and motels that rob you blind. Maybe you could pack a tent or sleep in your vehicle?

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you Lap3Forever. Hope you have a great weekend.

:cheers: :salute:

Tuscaloosa??You might as well be in Mississippi,Lappy!Realize you must leave pretty early to make that trip.Next time try a smaller city or town.Best Western here 12 miles north of Birmingham still has rooms available for a much better price than you will pay in T-town.And only 50 minutes from Dega.Where are you traveling from,Lappy?To put it mildly you are going to cut it closer than Craven-Busch at Darlington money wise!

We are staying in a Super 8 in Cullman AL. That is about 75-80 miles away fron the track. Shirts run fron 20-40 bucks depnding on ths style. drinks and water about 3 bucks each. So a sandwich drink and chips would cost Well put it this way you have to finance it. :D :D

Cullman is a good choice Gollum.Blow your horn when you pass thru Gardendale headed south on 65!I will be in the Bronco with a 'Busch' for president bumpersticker!

You are better off to go with 4 or 5 hundred. It's alot easier to haul leftover money home than to starve because the hotel took all your money.
Either way have fun.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Take lots of $$$. :lol: Our hotel room was in Cullman last October, which is about an hour north of Birmingham. We got off realatively cheap...I think we paid 65 a night...but I'm guessing. We always go with the cheaper rate & longer drive.

The whole weekend was a blur. :lol: It's a heck of a party at 'dega, but the racing sucks. Luckily there was no 'big one'. But expect to spend $25 to $30 on any t-shirt you buy and at Bristol this year, they were adding 8% sales tax on anything you bought from the track trailers...usually that was always assumed in the price of the item. A $22 shirt that promoted the Bristol race cost $24 when all was said & done. :rolleyes:

Remember this is an ISC track also...soft-sided coolers only, under 14" in width & anything else you bring into the track must be in a clear (see through) bag.

P.S.....bring lots of mardi-gras beeds with ya to hand out! ;)

Well I went to Bristol and bought a Kyle Hat and it costed me 27 dollars and if you look at it since you cant bring in beer thats lets say 10-20 dollars for a day, foor a few pieces of chicken and hot dogs about 10-20 also and then hotel which will be around 100 -200 for the weekend, gas(1.41 here) about 30-40 and other odds and end stuff you look at running about 300+ Id take 400 to be safe

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Apr 3 2003, 10:01 PM
P.S.....bring lots of mardi-gras beeds with ya to hand out! ;)
Hell yea :cheers: :salute: gotta love the usa hehehe

Back
Top Bottom