Questions for KK??

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
This is an experiment so please, if you were born before 1990, don't answer these questions.

1. Do know of the shuttle blowing up?

2. Do you think about the time before AIDS?

3. Do you know what an LP is and if so, have you ever experienced one?

4. Have you ever seen a telephone with a dial? Have you seen one and used one that didn't have a dial OR any push buttons?

5. Have you ever watched a TV that only used an antenna?

6. Have you ever watched Johnny Carson?

7. Have you ever popped popcorn in a sauce pan?

8. Do you know who Mork is?

9. Do you know who Clara Peller is?

10. Tatoo?

Those who have lived before you surely know the answer to these questions. They are only trivial, but to those of us who are ancient, they are easy.

Oh, and by the way, please don't question those of us who are really ancient anything about the music. Many of us are as ignorant on that front as you are of much trivial history. :)

This is an experiment so please, if you were born before 1990, don't answer these questions.

Challenger 1986 blew up shortly after blast off
of course I'm a history major its my education to

4. Have you ever seen a telephone with a dial? Have you seen one and used one that didn't have a dial OR any push buttons?
yes I have my grandparents still have one in their basement which I have used
yes agian at my grandparents not the mention the tv in my living room at home my parents got as a wedding present in 1984
No but I've never watched late night tv.
I have not personally but I have seen it done
a tv character
should I care
10. Tatoo?
don't have one find them to be pointless but I assume I'm missing some asinine reference here
Those who have lived before you surely know the answer to these questions. They are only trivial, but to those of us who are ancient, they are easy.

Oh, and by the way, please don't question those of us who are really ancient anything about the music. Many of us are as ignorant on that front as you are of much trivial history. :)

Thanks. By the way, Clara Peller made the phrase "Where's the beef" famous and Tatoo was a character in the TV series Fantasy Island and opened the show with the line "De plane, de plane".

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose behind this experiment?

and I still pop popcorn in a sauce pan.... and use a colander as the pan cover - lets the steam out. :D *tip* use olive oil in the pan. yummy popcorn. :lurk:

talley/judy

- Yes, and I also remember exactly where I was when it came over the radio.

Yup. Also remember Eddie Murphy's bit on it in "Raw"
And still have three orange crates in my house full of them.
Not only a dial, but ours was actually on a party line. Pick up the phone, and there's a neighbor talking...
CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS. Also just a few UHF channels. And not only an antenna, but actual DIALS instead of buttons.
Yup, but never really cared.
Funny, we were just talking about this at work this morning. Every Sunday we had popcorn popped in a pan (with salt on-no butter, ice water, and sat down to watch Disnley and Wild Kingdom. Probably my favorite of my childhood memories.
The better question would be, where is Ork? Shezbat, nanoo nanoo.
I actually had to look it up, but as soon as I saw the google results, I realized who it was. I never did get how that one simple phrase became so huge.

10. Tatoo?
De plane...de plane! Shocked me when the actor died.

I laughed when I seen Johnny Carson. My wife and I were big fans of Jack Paar.

Just out of curiosity, what is the purpose behind this experiment?
I was just interested to see if our young friend experienced any of those questions. Just think of this...kids that are about to finish their first year of college were born after 1991. Where does the time go?

Another good question would be "have you ever bought a hamburger for 15 cents?" How about when Sandies competed with McDonalds? Those 15 cent burgers were a long time ago, but it doesn't seem like it. And to think of a Hardee's ad touting a burger for $4.00.

Tell of something from the past. Something that you actually experienced. I had a Davy Crocket coonskin hat and flintlock cap gun. :D

I was just interested to see if our young friend experienced any of those questions. Just think of this...kids that are about to finish their first year of college were born after 1991. Where does the time go?

Another good question would be "have you ever bought a hamburger for 15 cents?" How about when Sandies competed with McDonalds? Those 15 cent burgers were a long time ago, but it doesn't seem like it. And to think of a Hardee's ad touting a burger for $4.00.

Tell of something from the past. Something that you actually experienced. I had a Davy Crocket coonskin hat and flintlock cap gun. :D

actually we were born in 1991.

i don't own much made in Japan that doesn't include the words Sony or Nintendo

Own any power tools? Chances are they were made in China or Taiwan, Taiwan being the better made tools.

Delta, Jet, Powermatic, Grizzly etc are all made in the same factory in Taiwan. Slightly different specs and color but most parts are interchangable.

Own any power tools? Chances are they were made in China or Taiwan, Taiwan being the better made tools.

Delta, Jet, Powermatic, Grizzly etc are all made in the same factory in Taiwan. Slightly different specs and color but most parts are interchangable.

All I know is that my craftsman flashlight said made in I believe it was Korea...so I guess their Craftsman made in America thing is crap

Back
Top Bottom