Race Comments...

DeeDee

Team Owner
First off, Stewart and Marlin were both black flagged when they went below the yellow in previous races, why did Busch only get a warning?? (sorry 97forever, had to ask)

If I was a driver, which of course I am not, I think I would have hocked up with Marlin, or Harvick, or Bobby or even Robby (at the begining) and tried working with them to get past the DEI cars rather than fall behind the DEI cars and leave the others out to dry.

Is it just me or does Michael Waltrip look like he has lost a lot of weight in his interviews?

Just some observations. :)

The yellow line thing was touchy,no doubt about it.And I agree the plan by the competitors should have been to keep the DEI guys seperated.At least from a non-DEI fan point of view,that is. ;)

And I can't look at Mikey too long before my retina's start to burn.A lot of people dont like Kurt I know...but those damn Waltrip's just get on my last nerve.

Clearly the Chevy's were the class of the field tonight---which is the norm for these plate races.Chevy-wise,The Gibbs drivers are my favorite.Bobby ran good all night at least.

The Dodge's had flashes of strength but fell back a little at the end.Thank God for fuel mileage. :p

All in all,given the finish, the race was ok.I would give it about a 6 out of ten on Greg's victory lane interview alone. :cheers:

For a plate "race", it was ok. But that's like saying "for a butt-whoopin' it didn't hurt too much".

I'm not gonna get on another rant about plate "racing" as it doesn't help anything. I'll just say that I am glad it is over and now we can get back to real racing again. :D

Man was I mad when Steve got taken out in that wreck. He was running a really good race up to that point and he and Robby were working their way up to the top 5. At least Steve showed all his critics tonight that he's still got what it takes. Man was Jeff Green's car slow. At least Jarrett got a top 10. It's always nice to see first time winners. It was the best plate race, I've seen this year, but like 4x said, that doesn't take much.

Was it just me or did Michael Waltrip look like he wanted to pass Jr any chance he got. It certainly didnt look like teamwork was with him throughout the whole race. Just my Opinion Congrats Biffle

I was very upset about the last couple of laps. What the heck was Frank Stoddard thinking!! He knew Ward did not have enough gas to finish, why didn't he bring him in when Matt pitted? Ward could have possibly still had a top 10 finish! A top 20 would have been better than 30th!!

Congrads to Gregg Biffle!!! Also great job by Jeff Burton!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by nascat22@Jul 6 2003, 03:18 AM
I was very upset about the last couple of laps. What the heck was Frank Stoddard thinking!! He knew Ward did not have enough gas to finish, why didn't he bring him in when Matt pitted? Ward could have possibly still had a top 10 finish! A top 20 would have been better than 30th!!

Congrads to Gregg Biffle!!!
I don't think, he was thinking ^_^

Originally posted by Hurricane495@Jul 5 2003, 11:18 PM
Was it just me or did Michael Waltrip look like he wanted to pass Jr any chance he got. It certainly didnt look like teamwork was with him throughout the whole race. Just my Opinion Congrats Biffle
I agree with you, it looked like Michael was getting tired of being the number 2 car...

It was also good to see Terry Labonte with a GREAT finish!!

I just thought that I would add a bit of insight on my man, Bill Elliott. At the end, Bill and Jeremy were drafting with DJ trying to stay ahead of Jr. and the pack behind them. Well with less than 1 to go that pack is right behind them and what does Jeremy DO??? He goes with DJ and leaves Bill out to dry! I couldn't believe what I was watching, I said to myself "These 2 can't be teamates"! This move then in turn led Bill to get caught behind Johnson who was shoved into the Wall by Cueball. But hey, thats PLATE racing...

Mikey blocked for Jr. threw the whole Busch race and gave it to him. Maybe he thought the Cup race belong to him.

Originally posted by Hurricane495@Jul 5 2003, 11:18 PM
In his interview before the race(i think) Mikey said his car was better leading than it was pushing.

Of course his car would be better leading, if his car pushed, it would be in the wall. I think Kevin Harvick and the RCR cars had the cars to beat as well as DEI and Hendrick but they just never got to show that pizzazz ! :blink:

Originally posted by Happy29@Jul 6 2003, 09:27 PM
Of course his car would be better leading, if his car pushed, it would be in the wall. I think Kevin Harvick and the RCR cars had the cars to beat as well as DEI and Hendrick but they just never got to show that pizzazz ! :blink:
i meant as in pushing junior to the front. He couldn't close up behind him

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jul 5 2003, 08:30 PM
First off, Stewart and Marlin were both black flagged when they went below the yellow in previous races, why did Busch only get a warning?? (sorry 97forever, had to ask)
I haven't read any other posts yet, but Nascar set a precedent at 'dega. Who cares about the fans, but it would have looked ****** in front of the driver & teams if they black flagged Kurt.

Originally posted by nascat22@Jul 5 2003, 09:18 PM

Congrads to Gregg Biffle!!! Also great job by Jeff Burton!!!!!!!!!!
Ever wonder why Frankie isn't with Roush anymore?

Back
Top Bottom