Race pics & experience

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So last night I went to Millbridge Speedway in my adopted hometown.

There were three classes: Jr Sprint (elementary school kids), Intermediate Sprint which is a slightly bigger sprint kart & the 600 Micros.

The Jrs actually put on a good show in their feature. The kart that won didn't do well during qualifying or the heats. I'm sure they were sandbagging.

The Intermediates was ok, there was one driver who kept running the wall, which gave the kart a good run off exit, but that's it. That kart slowly fell back. Dunno why he didn't change lines when he lost the first couple of spots.

Then there's the 600 Micros. They had a really good field for the B & A main. One car got hooked on the front stretch & went tumbling down the straight into turn 1. Luckily the driver was able to walk away from the crash. That car was done though.

The A main was interesting. The first 2/3rd of the race was green flag & the leader got caught in lap traffic which made the battle for 1st & 2nd interesting. A couple of cars came together and brought out the first of three late race cautions. The others two were for cars that self spun. However it was a good fight for first at the end.

Anyways here is the album of pictures I took last night

Dayton 100 at Kil Kare Raceway was a good time. Comers and goers, close racing, all you could ask for. Bobby Labonte finished 2nd after slicing through the field. Was cool to see the confidence he had going in to those corners compared to his peers.
Snapchat-893500569.jpg

Dayton 100 at Kil Kare Raceway was a good time. Comers and goers, close racing, all you could ask for. Bobby Labonte finished 2nd after slicing through the field. Was cool to see the confidence he had going in to those corners compared to his peers.
View attachment 56143

Wow, Bobby is racing it all this year, Modified, SRX and now I'm assuming Super Late Models?

Wow, Bobby is racing it all this year, Modified, SRX and now I'm assuming Super Late Models?
Yeah it was super late models. Jegs CRA series. Bobby Labonte and Kody Swanson both raced the SRX race the night before at Eldora then swung down to Kil Kare and raced for Ohio based Team Platinum

Went to the Oxford 250 in Maine yesterday. It was hard-core racing all day. Practice started around 9 in the morning. Races started at 1:30 with super late models, modifieds , street stocks and some 4 bangers. Car counts were great. Around 60+ super late models. After heat races, consi's, last chance race they started features. Most features, except the 250 SLM race was 40 or 50 laps. Very well run races and hardly any down time. After a quick, much needed intermission, driver intro's started for the 250. Starting a little after 7, the 250 was well run and quite exciting. Local driver Cassius Clark, in a battle scared race car took the win over a fast closing Curtis Gerry who led the most laps and was the class of the field for most of the race. Checkered fell a little after 9 pm. Quite a long but very enjoyable day.
If you ever get the chance to go, go!

Headed to the local dirt track this weekend, Honor Speedway, most likely. Will try to report back with pictures.

Back
Top Bottom