Race talk for Imola

B

BebiF1

Well after the decision for Ferrari not to run their 2003 contender, I have come up with some interesting reasons why not, and things to look for this coming weekend from the other teams.
Reasons for Ferrari not using new car: Suspension. Their test driver Badoer, has landing himself in the hospital twice after suspension failures occuring during testing causing two huge crashes and definitly setting the Ferrari program back. Imola is nortorious for breaking suspensions and Ferrari obviously dont want to take the chance with all of that curb pounding.
The Leaping Cat of Jaguar is my next worry. They have had a suspension failure in everyone of the first three races. All three races aren't hard on suspenions. I believe that Webber's crash at Brazil last week was to be blamed on the suspension.
Williams BMW needs to step it up. A lot of talks have been circulating of BMW breaking away and either starting their own team or joining "a team like BAR". Ralf has struggled in the first three races, and Juan has gotten a little careless.
Jordan: With Fisichella just off of his first win, can he keep the ball rolling or have another flame out like last year. After Firman's huge shunt last week which I believe was a brake disc or caliper blowing out, makes me wonder if he can be as confident in the car.
Minardi has been really low on money and it may not be a surprise if they cant fork the bill for their cosworth engines next week but they are supposed to recieve a "fighting fund" to help them finish out the year. Look for Justin Wilson to make another excellent start after his awsome jump to the top ten within laps of the start. Bobbi, a new driver for Minardi has come up with sponsership money to allow them to pay a 1 million dollar bill that will give them testing rights for the two hour session on Friday morning. Minardi will field three cars with their drivers including Justin Wilson, Matteo Bobbi, and Jos Verstappen. The other team that will field a three car test session is Renault.
Alonso has clearly stated that he will definitely run at Imola despite an overnight stay at the hospital in Brazil after hurrendous crash over 180 mph after colliding with debris from Mark Webbers stricken Jag. Alonso will try to score his third straight podium at Imola and to keep pace for the Championship race as he sits third in points.
Toyota despratly need to score some kind of points this weekend, they have former CART champion Christiano Da Matta and one time winner of Monaco, Oliver Panis. Both have had great qualifying but not keeping consistency in the race.
Sauber has stayed low in the beginning of the season but have two experienced drivers at their desposal and will look for good results this weekend.
BAR still looks for maiden victory but in the mean time they have the fueding Button and Villenueve. After Buttons crash last week he will surely look to overthrow his team mate this weekend and get some points and show that youngsters have pace too.
Lastly, McLaren. They still have not released any info on their new 2003 challenger but have proved that they are the team to beat this year after taking the first three race victories. Kimi Raikonnen looks for three in a row, and David looks to get back on the championship trail.
That raps up my analysis of this weekend and what to look for. It will once again be a proving ground for many teams and drivers to show what they have, and the championship is still up to pretty much any driver on the racing circuit. Just some more realistic than others.

all 20 cars in one post, oh man, what do I talk about first? why tyers of course.

Imola probably will depend on tyres. THe question is, will it be Bridgestone weather (cold) or Michelin weather (hot), or has Michelin really improved since last season in the cold? We can't say yet, since there was Michelin dominance in early 2002 as well (in the hot early races), no different from Malaysia this season.

Ferrari I believe that they can win races with the 2002, no problamo. These carbon fiber suspensions, they really better? right now they seem too brittle for me. yeah you are right, Imola with its imputted chicanes(sp?) is a suspension buster. This season so far, it would have been better if the teams had metal suspensions and roo gaurds, haha. That leads into Jag, I bet they are in a tizzy over there, what can you do at this point in time?

Is BMW really laking, or just cought up in a hurricane of a season. They are 4th in points, sure its down from 2 last year but look at who is in front. Mclaren is just kickin some arse this year, Renault has a good thing going great, they finally doing what they are suspose to. Its a cycle thing, they will win races this year.

don't worry I'm not done yet, just had to take a break.

I just found out that the new tyre rules will be altered in Imola next Thursday. Teams will be allowed to use two different types of rain tyres in the future. Good deal, now all we have to do is hope that Bridgestone and Michelin actually bring them to the track.

I only saw firman's blow out that 1 time during the race. They have concluded that it was in the brakes then? thats interesting.

Poor minardi, its tough being the little guy. Even being the worst team, you hate to see a team lack funds. Think if Jos wouldn't have crashed in Brazil, he would have been in a position to win the race! wait.....no way, what am I saying! haha. Any perdictions on how far wilson will get up to before he crashes? I say tenth.

Alonso on the podium again, odds say no, but I wouldn't be suprised if he won the way this season is going. I like the direction Renault is going, pretty diverse team, gotta love em.

I don't know what the deal is with toyota, they should be up there with BAR just like there IRL program is.

Sauber had been kinda quiet this year, I look for both drivers to score points this upcoming weekend.

Kimi three in a row huh? I don't know if they guy has any wheels left because he has drove em off this season, seriously, there is no doubt he is on top of his game and giving MS a run for the money this year.

Thats it for now...I think

The only thing I think I forgot to cover in that report was tyres. I think Michelin made great strides this year because it seems that they and i mean all of the michelin shod cars have been outpacing the bridgestone cars. Last year in the wet the michelin guys should have not even run because they were no match to bridgstone but this year has shown quite differently.
Jag probably is in a frenzy trying to get that suspension to settle down, and Williams isn't as bad as I make them out to be but I want to see Juan win more races as well as Ralf.
Firman's crash is not officially caused by break failure but that is the only explanation I can come up with. Remember back in Austria last year when Nick Heidfeld lost control on the straight, spun and nearly killed Sato? Well they did say his was break failure and if you watch the tape a huge cloud of smoke/break dust comes out of the tyre right before he loses control. I say that because of the wet, Firmans dust was mush and therefore didnt ploom out of the tyre, but as fragile as the suspensions are, it wouldn't take much for something to imply enough force to shatter that upper A-arm. F1 suspensions dont bend, like CART and IRL's do. The reason why everyone runs Carbon suspension components is because of weight. The less the car weights, the more ballast that they can play with. Firman was lucky because: 1. Panis slowed his car down a bit. 2. That asphalt run off was gravel two years ago, and with that flailing tyre he could have easily flipped over.

Ok for the rest.
I did not know that only one wet tyre could be used so that explains why both only brought interm.
Minardi is sad to watch but at least they try. They have been in F1 a while now and are almost a tradition to be back in the field.
Alonso will not take a podium, but on the other hand he could pull a "I took a huge crash and will prove that I am over it" and grab good position. Who knows?
Toyota and BAR got to pull good results together this weekend, thats all there is to it.
Kimi will put up a good fight with Shuie but will not be victorious. Engine failure on lap 38 would be my guess.lol. gonna laugh my @ss off if that is right.
Lastly Sauber. Well I say the laying low will end this week. Either podium or a great fight for one, or a hellaious crash will stop their hiding.

Sauber even with the bridgstones, are going to rock n' roll this weekend.

lap 38 eh? I will mark that down, haha.

I have nothing to say besides...

GET YOUR BUTT INTO GEAR FERRARI!!! :D

hahahaa...ok ok...

Minardi: One will finish...does it matter which one?
Williams will be in there up front most the time but JPM will crash out on say...lap 38 (seems a lot is going to happen this lap). Ralf will finish 3rd.
Ferrari hmmm...would like to say will come 1st and 2nd but I feel they will both just end up in the points but down the order. Toyota...there's a Toyota team?...lol...Haven't seen much of them yet this year and they haven't really done anything exciting yet...and it'll be the same this race. Jag...I'm going to be bold and say Webber comes 4th and that other dude does nothin'.
BAR, well JV is too busy checking if he's got more pit crew members on his side of the garage so he'll do nothing this race but expect Jenson to do really well.
Sauber going to rock 'n role? interesting...sounds good so I'll agree...one will get into the points.
Jordan are all still to drunk from the win and will do nothing in this race. Renault, 2nd so far in the constructors championship...going very well...so far...expect them to do very well once again. Now who's left...bloody McLaren...pefft...one of 'em will win (hoping Kimi again over DC).

...bugger all that...Ferrari 1st and 2nd and all other team to not even finish...lol

Clearly I'm in a silly mood!

very odd results there tiger...lol.Ever consider playing in the fantasy F1 game with us? all you have to do is put down 9 names and then wait to see what points you get.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Apr 20 2003, 01:10 AM
very odd results there tiger...lol.Ever consider playing in the fantasy F1 game with us? all you have to do is put down 9 names and then wait to see what points you get.
Well I'm odd gal :p But hey the way races have been going so far it's not THAT odd!

Yes I'll go post in the fantasy F1 game thingo now. :D

Ahhhh I told ya those Jordan boys would be still drunk!! They couldn't even link up their engines right :p

I should have went for the Ferrari 1st and 2nd, and would have gotten it if it wasn't for that 13 second pit stop for Rubens!

Welcome back Ferrari boys!! :D

yeah most definently. This was the first race where nothing out of the ordinary happened. If Rubens would have hada 7sec stop instead of a 13, he would have been second. Also JPM if he would have went for a 3 stop Strategy instead of 17, ha, he could have been 4th or 5th.

What Happened To The Lap 38 Drama?

Sorry, i was hoping Sauber would come into the light this week, and just made a wild guess that something would happen on lap 38. unfortunately nothing happened, and the race was another addition from 2002. typical boring race. No one spun, no one crashed. Nothing out of the ordinary, all the top 3 teams cars finished.

Originally posted by BebiF1@Apr 23 2003, 07:00 PM
Sorry, i was hoping Sauber would come into the light this week, and just made a wild guess that something would happen on lap 38. unfortunately nothing happened
hehehe, a wildly good guess though.

Sauber, I would say has the 4th best engine on the grid, yet that hasn't shown up so far.

Yeah the race was somewhat boring in the overtaking part, but I think its just the nature of the track, besides the curb hoping, the track is basically a 1 track left right go stop deal. I say take out Villeneuve corner and let em pass. Exciting pit passes though, hehe. Is he going to come out in front? yes, he does.

lol, then Hobbs says, "wait that was his teammate, he will not beat Shumcher out."

Back
Top Bottom