RACE thread --- Daytona 500

A 200 mph sideways slide through the grass and bus stop pavement is no joke. He was lucky thank goodness.

The only strategy I can see is just stay on the lead lap and go racing with 10 to go and survive the
5 cautions. Its the 500 , this is one race I wouldn't go out of the way for stage points.

Damn that’s a hard hit and unnecessary, he shoulda called Wrecky a dumb ass

I know that Stenhouse is this board's whipping boy, and usually is justified, but to me, the replay clearly showed the 24 was trying to block, just waited a tic too long to do it.

Impressed they got Chase to smile for the fox promo

Chase doesn’t have time for you and your Fox questions
Gustafson was talking to him when Jeff came over radio. They set up the interview during the commercial break. Still, it looks so amateur hour. You'd think TV would have someone down in the pits tell the CC or on roof tell the spotter they're about to radio in.

Gustafson was talking to him when Jeff came over radio. They set up the interview during the commercial break. Still, it looks so amateur hour. You'd think TV would have someone down in the pits tell the CC or on roof tell the spotter they're about to radio in.
I figured he was talking to his crew, it’s just funny to me when they try to talk to these guys from the booth and they don’t answer

I figured he was talking to his crew, it’s just funny to me when they try to talk to these guys from the booth and they don’t answer
Exactly. Like I said, how hard would it be to have someone set that up before going live? Or do like they did second attempt and ask if they could talk while they're at commercial.

I know that Stenhouse is this board's whipping boy, and usually is justified, but to me, the replay clearly showed the 24 was trying to block, just waited a tic too long to do it.
Looking at it again made it look like Byron threw a half-hearted block.

I'm not sure, it just sucks Willy B's day ended prematurely like that. Just a plate racing deal more than anything.

All right this here’s rubber duck we got ourselves a convoy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a school of thought that would have you believe that running on some guy’s back bumper with somebody else on yours and another car right beside you in the same situation at 200 mph does not require talent.

I guess that’s why Stenhouse is so good at it.

The Joe Gibbs drivers quickly tuck in line on the inside

Back
Top Bottom