RACE thread --- Daytona 500

And for those who didn't see the race and are tuning in to watch the race replay, FS2 just ran a scroll across the bottom announcing that Hamlin won.

:owquitit:

Its been on the crawl repeatedly since replay started.

Its nobody's fault and anyone who disagrees is just incorrect. Even if there is fault thats less than trivial compared to what were all actually concerned about right now.

I don't blame Hamlin for celebrating those first couple minutes.

I don't blame anything on track as bad racing.

Heck it's tough to say if plates and packages had much to do with this, that car was going up and over whether doing 210mph or 185mph, imo.

Just a freak set of circumstances. You couldn't replicate a wreck like that in 10,000 simulator runs, air tunnel tests, or anything.

100% this. It was the checkered flag for the Daytona 500. No one made a dirty move there. It was an unfortunate byproduct of this rule package.
You’re suggesting that once Hamlin got Blaney sideways, which in turn got Newman sideways, that Hamlin should have kept pushing? Seriously? That’s okay at a low speed track like Bristol, but it is questionable at Daytona and Talladega. Race cars have brakes for a reason.

Someone commented on ESPNs post saying he's alert and awake

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You’re suggesting that once Hamlin got Blaney sideways, which in turn got Newman sideways, that Hamlin should have kept pushing? Seriously? That’s okay at a low speed track like Bristol, but it is questionable at Daytona and Talladega.
Relax, man. I despise Hamlin, but the only thing he did wrong here was celebrate before knowing if Ryan was ok. Meanwhile you’re casting moral judgements while wishing death in a plane crash on someone... (if that wasn’t you, I sincerely apologize but I can’t scroll back 10 pages right now)

And someone else commented saying he's awake. Not sure where people are getting this info.

Someone commented on ESPNs post saying he's alert and awake

“Someone”

There are zero confirmed reports from any reputable sources right now. No matter what “experts” on this forum says. The first people to know anything will be family.

Remember the news of Dale’s passing came 2 hours after he actually passed.

Do you guys not understand these guys strap into a death machine every week?

These things are hardly death machines. This isn't Indy in the 1950's. Generally speaking these cars have been safe as hell for the last 35-40 years. There's obviously the awful exceptions but that's thankfully the extreme outliers.

You seriously need to chill out man, this lashing out is not going to make this situation any better.

Get your emotions in check first. What you're asking is irrelevant at this point and time.

Goodness.

No, to question a guy barley celebrating a Daytona 500 win because a competitor had a bad wreck is emotional. Denny did nothing wrong and could have easily been in the same position. These guys live to race and would die doing so, it's unreasonable to recognize that.

Why would you want to ban someone? Forums are for comments, good, bad, or otherwise. If you don’t have the stones, don’t view the posts.
no bud, You can't just run your mouth and say anything. There are forum rules posted, and also there is something called in good taste..home training manners some obviously didn't get.

Do you guys not understand these guys strap into a death machine every week?
Yo. Bro. We understand that. We appreciate the risks, talents, and technology that go into this sport. Everything associated with it is makes it enthralling to us. That's why we are called Racing Forums. A part of being a race fan is also knowing when to put aside differences for a major cause, such as right now. Everyone is wondering what will come of this and we are all trying to maintain a clear head space as we hear more on the situation. Sit back and relax.

no bud, You can't just run your mouth and say anything. There are forum rules posted, and also there is something called in good taste..home training manners some obviously didn't get.
Okay. Thanks for telling me absolutely nothing specific.

Seems to me when Dillon turned Almirola on the last lap, a lot of folks said "it's just racin'". But when the condition of a driver is unknown, there's a need to blame. They're headed to the checkers at Daytona, every man for himself. It's the nature of the beast. Don't get me wrong, I HATE this. I feel like I felt in June of 1988 after Bobby Allison was injured at Pocono. The slower the info. the worse it looks.

Yo. Bro. We understand that. We appreciate the risks, talents, and technology that go into this sport. Everything associated with it is makes it enthralling to us. That's why we are called Racing Forums. A part of being a race fan is also knowing when to put aside differences for a major cause, such as right now. Everyone is wondering what will come of this and we are all trying to maintain a clear head space as we hear more on the situation. Sit back and relax.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. No need to bash Hamlin for his half of a celebration.

Seems to me when Dillon turned Almirola on the last lap, a lot of folks said "it's just racin'". But when the condition of a driver is unknown, there's a need to blame. They're headed to the checkers at Daytona, every man for himself. It's the nature of the beast. Don't get me wrong, I HATE this. I feel like I felt in June of 1988 after Bobby Allison was injured at Pocono. The slower the info. the worse it looks.
People were irate at Dillon..:confused:

Back
Top Bottom