RACE thread --- the Clash

I really don't get the bitching about this event. It is a freaking exhibition....an opportunity to see the cars, watch a little racing, shake the rust off. NASCAR made a great call running tonight, and it was fun. Can't wait for Daytona!

I really don't get the bitching about this event. It is a freaking exhibition....an opportunity to see the cars, watch a little racing, shake the rust off. NASCAR made a great call running tonight, and it was fun. Can't wait for Daytona!
It was an entertaining race. Way to start off the season. The changes they made to the size of the field and the cars really made a difference.

So yesterday I was out all day and went out last night with friends. The whole time thinking ā€œCanā€™t wait for tomorrow night!ā€ Today I get up and they already ran it? Have they ever done this before? Next Sunday when I plan to watch the Super Bowl will I found out they just went ahead and played in Saturday night instead?

Iā€™m so confused. Keep thinking I misread the dates. And pretty darn disappointed as a fan who made plans around this. I can deal with rain outs a lot better than bait and switch scheduling changes at the last minute.

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
Itā€™s the same people that cried about the banning of the loserā€™s flag. If the race isnā€™t at a run down oval in the southeast theyā€™re going to bitch.

Itā€™s the same people that cried about the banning of the loserā€™s flag. If the race isnā€™t at a run down oval in the southeast theyā€™re going to bitch.
When it hasn't been a true Southern sport since the 1960s. Hell, the first Cup schedule had races in New York and Pennslyvania

The only run down oval in the southeast is Atlanta Superspeedway x2.

Not that it really mattered because I have to travel today, but I didn't even know the race was ran last night until I jumped in the car and headed to the airport this morning. I get it was probably the best for the race, but it just shows that Nascar continues to make up the rules as they go along. "Oh hey guys that race we plan on running tomorrow,... yeah we've decided we're going to do that in a couple hours now..."

How in the hell do people bitch about running the race last night when you are looking at Wednesday at the earliest if they don't? Maybe trade those flip phones in for something higher tech, and say informed? NASCAR has needed to take this action for some time with the thinking being that they will lose viewership anyway on a Wednesday....What difference does it make when they lose it? Those who are pissed....I guess you were sacrificed.....but the good news is that you can watch Denny kick ass today with the replay...or it will be available on YouTube....or.....and maybe you didn't even know it.....you can set your recording device to capture everything NASCAR....check with your provider for instructions.....but then again, maybe you don't have cable or a router.....

Who's complaining about it being moved? Not anybody that I know or have heard talk about this event or cover this event. And respectfully please dont link be tweets....twitters not real life.

NASCAR fans, more than any other fanbase cares SOOO much about other fans opinions.

The only thing wrong with The Clash was that they referred to the brand new Camry pacing the field as a TRD version....this is not true....Toyota has not produced a performance variant for the new Camry yet. It was an XSE.

I saw some improvement with the short track package from last season as some cars that started further back like Chase and Truex were able to pass and make their way toward the front so that's good. I really feel like it's time to move this someplace else though. Real bummer for NASCAR the situation with the weather and no fans being there. Not a great start to the year.

They do need to be more transparent with things like the Chicago Street Course rainout.

Lol sit down Joey. People have slid into him accidentally, and itā€™s a problem. He slides into Ty, and Ty isnā€™t allowed to do anything back. What a whiny bitch.
Tbf, Ty really lost the race when he used Joey up on the exit of turn 2 the penultimate restart, so Ty kinda screwed them both.

But yeah, it isnā€™t anything Joey hasnā€™t done before. Kinda funny from one of the most notoriously ruthless guys in the series.

Tbf, Ty really lost the race when he used Joey up on the exit of turn 2 the penultimate restart, so Ty kinda screwed them both.

But yeah, it isnā€™t anything Joey hasnā€™t done before. Kinda funny from one of the most notoriously ruthless guys in the series.
Oh yeah, Ty definitely screwed them both big time, no doubt there. Just two extremely talented but aggressive dudes.

Itā€™s my home track, so Iā€™m gonna be super defensive about it. We can always get rid of a race at your home track however if less is more.

lol. My hometrack is Pikes Peak International Raceway. Full of non-disclosure agreements, political BS, etc etc etc.

I fully support Atlanta being grandfathered a race, I just donā€™t want 2x.

But oh well the Nuggets & Avs just keep on winning, goes to show NASCAR is making a huge mistake in Denver & Colorado Springs.

Just watched it on my DVR, (I love my DVR). Had some good racing moments for sure. I was both Extremely happy and extremely disappointed.

1. Happy Ty silver spoon Gibbs got left behind
2. Hated that Hambone won it.

They are going to hold it where ever they decide, outa my hands, however, It seems to go all the way cross country to a Bull Ring with the top Race cars in Nascar to put an exhibition race on just seems idiotic to me. JMHO.

lol. My hometrack is Pikes Peak International Raceway. Full of non-disclosure agreements, political BS, etc etc etc.

But oh well the Nuggets & Avs just keep on winning, goes to show NASCAR is making a huge mistake in Denver & Colorado Springs.
Shows how everyone is making that mistake. Hell NHRA is gonna be a couple years off from coming back until a new Bandimere is built.

Well damn that ainā€™t work how I thought it would lmao. But like yeah, I mean I rarely get to go anymore but itā€™s a track I love, even with the change. Plenty of other tracks imo that should lose a second date before Atlanta does. But Iā€™m bias haha

Reactions: Pat
So yesterday I was out all day and went out last night with friends. The whole time thinking ā€œCanā€™t wait for tomorrow night!ā€ Today I get up and they already ran it? Have they ever done this before? Next Sunday when I plan to watch the Super Bowl will I found out they just went ahead and played in Saturday night instead?

Iā€™m so confused. Keep thinking I misread the dates. And pretty darn disappointed as a fan who made plans around this. I can deal with rain outs a lot better than bait and switch scheduling changes at the last minute.
I get that you are disappointed. But when the weather forecast was as bad as this one was its kinda the responsibility of the ticket holder to keep checking for updates and changes. Itā€™s only common sense to check the weather forecast before any outdoor events that are not listed as rain or shine. As far as the Super Bowl next week you should be fine because itā€™s indoors with a roof unless there is some catastrophic occurrence that happens out of anyones control. I think NASCAR definitely made the best decision they could and it sounds like they are going to reimburse the fans for prepaid tickets and parking.

How in the hell do people bitch about running the race last night when you are looking at Wednesday at the earliest if they don't? Maybe trade those flip phones in for something higher tech, and say informed? NASCAR has needed to take this action for some time with the thinking being that they will lose viewership anyway on a Wednesday....What difference does it make when they lose it? Those who are pissed....I guess you were sacrificed.....but the good news is that you can watch Denny kick ass today with the replay...or it will be available on YouTube....or.....and maybe you didn't even know it.....you can set your recording device to capture everything NASCAR....check with your provider for instructions.....but then again, maybe you don't have cable or a router.....
Party foul bro. You didnā€™t say spoiler alert before announcing the winner. But you are spot on. šŸ˜ƒ

I get that you are disappointed. But when the weather forecast was as bad as this one was its kinda the responsibility of the ticket holder to keep checking for updates and changes. Itā€™s only common sense to check the weather forecast before any outdoor events that are not listed as rain or shine. As far as the Super Bowl next week you should be fine because itā€™s indoors with a roof unless there is some catastrophic occurrence that happens out of anyones control. I think NASCAR definitely made the best decision they could and it sounds like they are going to reimburse the fans for prepaid tickets and parking.
To be fair to that guy, nascar has never once moved a race up a full day, so as a fan you donā€™t think to yourself, ā€œlet me see if nascar moved the race up a whole 24 hours!ā€ I wouldnā€™t have even known myself if not for seeing it on the nascar thread at the forum Iā€™m on. Because I mean the most they normally move anything is an hour.

To be fair to that guy, nascar has never once moved a race up a full day, so as a fan you donā€™t think to yourself, ā€œlet me see if nascar moved the race up a whole 24 hours!ā€ I wouldnā€™t have even known myself if not for seeing it on the nascar thread at the forum Iā€™m on. Because I mean the most they normally move anything is an hour.
That's exactly what I was thinking this morning when I tuned into channel 90 and it was the post race show talking about the #11 winning. To me it just seems so shady, up til this point they always played the car they couldn't move the race up more than what an hour? To be fair to the fans that purchased tickets. Now...hey let's move it up a whole 24 hours. Was there no consideration for next Saturday night? Or at least midweek. A Wednesday or Thursday night race would have given both fans and teams enough time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking this morning when I tuned into channel 90 and it was the post race show talking about the #11 winning. To me it just seems so shady, up til this point they always played the car they couldn't move the race up more than what an hour? To be fair to the fans that purchased tickets. Now...hey let's move it up a whole 24 hours. Was there no consideration for next Saturday night? Or at least midweek. A Wednesday or Thursday night race would have given both fans and teams enough time.

I think NASCAR is doing the best they can here but I do agree with your points.

Moving the race to Thursday, it was going to rain thru Wednesday, doesn't give enough time for the TV and the Official trailers to make it back to Daytona and get set up and everything in place for Daytona. After all that IS the most important race of the season.
BTW there are a number of replays of the race on today if you would like to watch the race. The tickets are being refunded to the Clash ticket holders. Some people..lol.

Back
Top Bottom