RACE thread --- the Clash

Moving the race to Thursday, it was going to rain thru Wednesday, doesn't give enough time for the TV and the Official trailers to make it back to Daytona and get set up and everything in place for Daytona. After all that IS the most important race of the season.
BTW there are a number of replays of the race on today if you would like to watch the race. The tickets are being refunded to the Clash ticket holders. Some people..lol.
The whole situation sucked but I really don't see anything NASCAR could have done differently. It's not like they could have pushed it to next weekend and had the teams stay out there all week or leave and come back. Seriously, what are the chances of such poor weather for so many days? I just happed to look online for any updates right before my wife and I sat down to watch a movie or I would have missed the entire thing.

Another reason to avoid temporary stadium tracks and street courses for points events. On a 'real' track, a points race could be rescheduled with minimal effort.
They run in the rain now. Not torrential downpours. I doubt they will be avoided in the future. It's a bit of a gamble, but I think they need to get the cars more rain ready if they are going to be racing in the rain.

There's a lot of good info in that linked Fox story about why starting a day early isn't likely to happen again. Also interesting is that the Clash pays just $2.2 million TOTAL purse, the lowest of the season. Some teams would lose money even if the weekend had run as scheduled.
I've seen tracks move an event up from Sunday afternoon to Saturday night, or move a race from 7pm to 2pm due to weather.

Pushing a race back already hurts attendance. Pushing it up is even worse, because now there is no opportunity to adjust plans. Out with family and going to the track after dinner? Too late, race starts in three hours now. Coming in tomorrow morning? Too late, race is today.

So yesterday I was out all day and went out last night with friends. The whole time thinking “Can’t wait for tomorrow night!” Today I get up and they already ran it? Have they ever done this before? Next Sunday when I plan to watch the Super Bowl will I found out they just went ahead and played in Saturday night instead?

I’m so confused. Keep thinking I misread the dates. And pretty darn disappointed as a fan who made plans around this. I can deal with rain outs a lot better than bait and switch scheduling changes at the last minute.

Well it wouldn't have ran on Sunday or Monday so at least this way you get to watch the replay. Would you have rathered the race never happened? Cause that's what would have happened if they didn't run it in Saturday.

The only thing wrong with The Clash was that they referred to the brand new Camry pacing the field as a TRD version....this is not true....Toyota has not produced a performance variant for the new Camry yet. It was an XSE.
It's a purpose built racecar, it had nothing to do with any production Camry.

Here is a little update from SoCal so you can have a little more info to go off of that should help you decide if you think they made the right decision to move the race up a day earlier. It was raining when I woke up early Sunday morning and than stopped except for a few drizzles and then it started raining again around 2.30 Sunday afternoon and it hasn’t stopped since and it supposed to last until around 4.am Wednesday. I definitely feel they made the only decision they could to get the race in.

Here is a little update from SoCal so you can have a little more info to go off of that should help you decide if you think they made the right decision to move the race up a day earlier. It was raining when I woke up early Sunday morning and than stopped except for a few drizzles and then it started raining again around 2.30 Sunday afternoon and it hasn’t stopped since and it supposed to last until around 4.am Wednesday. I definitely feel they made the only decision they could to get the race in.
I have been watching the weather there. I feel for the Californians, so many are affected.

We have our first feud of the season: Preacher’s Grandson (Let Us Pray) vs Sliced Bread….Special Guest Referee is Dennis.

Nascar fans in a nutshell. :cuckoo:

I’m watching old clashes as I’ve been home sick the last few days and they didn’t show up to the Clash at Daytona when the sport was in its “golden age”.While I would prefer the Clash to go back to Daytona because speedweeks felt more streamlined and orderly (Clash Saturday before 500, Qualifying for 500 next day on Sunday before 500, week of practice, Thursday Twin 125’s Daytona 500), I’m not sure going back to Daytona is the correct answer here.

We have our first feud of the season: Preacher’s Grandson (Let Us Pray) vs Sliced Bread….Special Guest Referee is Dennis.

Joey really has no room to even be mad if you ask me. He slid into Ty first (he even self admitted that in the video SOI shared) I’m willing to bet, if it was the other way around where Ty got into him first, he would’ve spun Ty out, and gave his “well I race people how they race me, he got into me so I got into him.” Little bs be always does.

Joey really has no room to even be mad if you ask me. He slid into Ty first (he even self admitted that in the video SOI shared) I’m willing to bet, if it was the other way around where Ty got into him first, he would’ve spun Ty out, and gave his “well I race people how they race me, he got into me so I got into him.” Little bs be always does.
Honestly, I think these are just Joey mind games. It's likely that Ty is going to win a race or two....or three, and Joey wants to take up residence in his head. I mean, if he can get Ty to doubt himself just a bit, Joey wins. I think this is just good sporting behavior honestly. Want a quarterback to get off of his rhythm? Hit him in the mouth. Want a batter off of the plate? Chin music. Joey is a pretty smart dude IMO....no way in hell does he believe that Ty should do anything other than move him up. I do think, however, that Ty is coming into his own, and isn't playing.....but ya never know.

Gibbs ran Logano up all the way to the wall. Stupid move, screwed both of their finishes. Gibbs got the worst of it as he should. The kid had the fastest car and he finished almost last. I'm still crying real tears and thinking maybe gerbil Jeff can bring harmony to both of them.

Gibbs ran Logano up all the way to the wall. Stupid move, screwed both of their finishes. Gibbs got the worst of it as he should. The kid had the fastest car and he finished almost last. I'm still crying real tears and thinking maybe gerbil Jeff can bring harmony to both of them.

Well it wouldn't have ran on Sunday or Monday so at least this way you get to watch the replay. Would you have rathered the race never happened? Cause that's what would have happened if they didn't run it in Saturday.
People can disagree about the approach. And the horse is officially dead now.

People can disagree about the approach. And the horse is officially dead now.
This is Racing Forums. By our standards, this one isn't even comatose yet. We regularly beat enough dead horses here to enter a complete field in the Kentucky Derby, with separate full fields in the Preakness and Belmont each, flogging them from starting gate onward.

Finally Dale Jr being pissed off and going against the grain of the NASCAR DARFs.

Back
Top Bottom