RACE thread --- The Open and the All-Star

No issue with the emotions here. Clint is legit the closest thing we have to Stewart now in days. He and Tony act very similar to another.

Wow, I see the forum showing there true color tonight about Bowyer. Man, he's still one of my favs.
Clint was one of my top three or four favorite drivers before tonight, but doing something like that will turn me away from pretty much anyone. I’m obviously biased since he did it to my number one driver, but still.

Still didnt see Gordon, Johnson or their crews chasing Clint down after the race either. I’m all for passion but it’s gotta be placed correctly before throwing hands.

Well yeah but it should’ve been Newman they was mad at then?? But you know, you just can’t see it that way and never will. :) have a good night as I’m off to bed. Early morning for me.

upload_2019-5-18_21-38-27.png

Newman spins him for no reason and Clint is the bad guy

Newman was completely defenseless when Bowyer went up to that car and unloaded. And precedents have been set that you can't react, you just have to take it. It's chicken****.

I've seen too much stuff in short track racing this year with people going up to cars and throwing stuff, trying to disable cars, and threatening to pick fights. One day, someone's going to keep a gun holster in their car and unload when someone comes up wanting to fight knowing they're otherwise defenseless.

Newman was completely defenseless when Bowyer went up to that car and unloaded. And precedents have been set that you can't react, you just have to take it. It's chicken****.

I've seen too much stuff in short track racing this year with people going up to cars and throwing stuff, trying to disable cars, and threatening to pick fights. One day, someone's going to keep a gun holster in their car and unload when someone comes up wanting to fight knowing they're otherwise defenseless.
that's the bush leagues, been happening for years.

Wrong. Bubba, who is having a hard time finding money, just outran most of the field who are winners from 2018 or past champions.

That means something.
Ok so why is he always finishing 20th or worse in a points paying race when it really matters

No issue with the emotions here. Clint is legit the closest thing we have to Stewart now in days. He and Tony act very similar to another.

Wow, I see the forum showing there true color tonight about Bowyer. Man, he's still one of my favs.

Bad 2 weeks for the Bowyer. Something else will happen and we'll move onto the next jackwagon that's acting up though. His group qualifying rant alone is enough to cancel this out... just remembered that involved Newman blocking him in...eeek

that's the bush leagues, been happening for years.

NASCAR itself has set the precedent about having to sit there and take it.

I'm all for fighting and emotion, but it's chicken**** to walk up to someone while you still have your helmet on and start throwing punches when they're strapped in and unable to defend themselves. That's a malignant foul and Bowyer should be suspended.

I'm all for fighting and emotion, but it's chicken**** to walk up to someone while you still have your helmet on and start throwing punches when they're strapped in and unable to defend themselves. That's a malignant foul and Bowyer should be suspended.
no he shouldn't, probably get a fine if anything.

Ok so why is he always finishing 20th or worse in a points paying race when it really matters

Maybe they got some new chassis, who knows? They don't disclose that information anymore, seems like they hit on something. You could still tell he lacks speed, the deficit between him and the other top 4 was pretty big.

He kept the car clean and stayed out of trouble. Successful night for him and the team. He was better than a lot of cars that should of been in front of him as well, give the guy and his team some credit.

Clint is a fake dude, the fake hillbilly drunk and now the fake tough guy.

I was around him before he ever drove in a major stock car race. No, it's not an act, he was the same guy 15 years ago.

I haven't seen what occurred tonight and have only skimmed the comments here. He could have made an absolute fool out of himself.

Well back to the race and away from the WWE event I am happy to see Larson win. That kid needed something good to happen

He shouldn't be suspended. He should be mocked for being a bitch. I don't care who was right or wrong on the track. That's not how you fight.
personally being on the pole and finishing 12th out of 19 and your teammate Harvick despite getting screwed every time he pitted came in second., it wouldn't surprise me if SHR gets new talent for the 14 car next year if he keeps this B.S. up and doesn't improve..

Idk about being suspended for it, but I agree with everything else. I'm sure it depends on who it is, and how much damage they do, even though it shouldn't matter as well. 100% you should be squaring off outside of the car de-helmeted. Luckily Newman is a rock and Bowyer was throwing punches like a kid in ChuckyCheese.

personally being on the pole and finishing 12th out of 19 and your teammate Harvick despite getting screwed every time he pitted came in second., it wouldn't surprise me if SHR gets new talent for the 14 car next year if he keeps this B.S. up and doesn't improve..

He's been the second best car at SHR outside of Harvick, he isn't going anywhere unless he just straight lays an egg. The antics will have calm though and getting back to winning is key for him. If Almirola wins before Bowyer, then I think that seat will get a bit hotter. Its Tony's car, but I have a feeling a certain young man with the last name "Bell" would be very enticing to see in the 14... If he decides to leave Toyota.

He's been the second best car at SHR outside of Harvick, he isn't going anywhere unless he just straight lays an egg. The antics will have calm though and getting back to winning is key for him. If Almirola wins before Bowyer, then I think that seat will get a bit hotter. Its Tony's car, but I have a feeling a certain young man with the last name "Bell" would be very enticing to see in the 14... If he decides to leave Toyota.
Boyer isn't sponsored like Almirola and Suarez is either, and yeah I would almost guarantee they are looking at Bell. Boyer doesn't have a contract for next year either.

Boyer isn't sponsored like Almirola and Suarez is either, and yeah I would almost guarantee they are looking at Bell. Boyer doesn't have a contract for next year either.

All depends on his performance and I think that's why he has been up in arms as of late. He's basically racing for his job atm and none of SHR has won. To be the first to win would be huge confidence booster.

That seat has Cole Custer's name on it I'm afraid.

Bowyer with the most punk-a$$ move I’ve seen in a long time.

Lol his interview was almost as bad.
I'm seeing a lot of people calling out Turtle Shell Clint for instigating a fight with Ryan Newman still strapped into his car, but if we're being real here, they both pulled some bitch ass moves. I mean, Ryan wrecked Clint after the checkered flag, come on.

"Two wrongs don't make a right" springs to mind.

I think the teams learned a whole lot about the new stuff on the car tonight in racing conditions. Quite a few different teams led laps tonight, lots of comers and goers. I think the 600 is going to be a good one and not your typical runaway like it tends to be.

Aside from the white noise generated by the fight, though, I gotta say congratulations to Kyle Larson on getting a million-dollar win. That is rich. Pun intended.

Some of y'all also already pointed it out, so I'll just add my praise for the heroics of Bubba Wallace. The man smelled blood, grabbed a stage win and a spot in the All-Star race, and then grinds out a top-five. Now there's a machine, Darrell!

dont choke,dont choke-one million times,great day for larson and bubba

???

What has he done to not merit a Cup ride? The man is coming into his own and is getting to be virtually level with Bell.

2020/2021 Cup prospect, for sure.

Allgaier is no slouch either, I'd like to see him have another shot at Cup in better equipment.

Back
Top Bottom