RACE thread ---- The Open and the All-Star

Who will be the first NASCAR Cup Series winner at North Wilkesboro Speedway since Jeff Gordon last won there on September 29, 1996?

The wider tires really kill the effectiveness of the bump and run here. The cars are sliding around on a worn out race track, but you can’t move anyone with that much contact patch.

If we do this again next year we need to be in the heat of the day on a hot slick track. It’s cool in the Carolina’s this evening. The open was a great race and I’m wondering if the difference in the grip is the difference in the quality of racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I wonder what else is in Clint’s pudding other than proof. :owquitit: :owquitit: :XXROFL:

Or maybe what number proof that pudding is.

So everybody been crying for years to go back to this boring track?? Please make me understand.. this race terrible

replacing the first Darlington weekend with North Wilkesboro have that be the new throwback race

This car just sucks on good tracks.
While I don't disagree, I don't think that's 100% of what's happening tonight. I just don't think the overall length, format, and the natural progression of the race because of those factors allow for the all-star event to ever be anything besides average or less than.

Like the Clash, I think we could do without.

The best way to fully appreciate this weekend is to look at pictures of this place in recent years. Makes this weekend all the sweeter.

These pictures were posted about three weeks after I was there. 2017 was the year I really started learning about NASCAR history and I just didn't want to miss the opportunity to see this track in person before it gets demolished.
Hopefully I'll get to attend a race there someday.

Back
Top Bottom