RACE thread --- The Open

I'll echo the previous statements.

Run this package at all 1.5 milke tracks from this minute forward and I'll start tuning in regularly again.

They should just run a combo of Daytona and Talladega 30+ times a year. That’ll bring all the fans back.

I think it was more disappointment at not being able to race his way in.

You can tell he hates it, but he raced his butt off. This package is good for the all-star race, but it turns it into too much of a lottery... At least IMHO, but this higher downforce races pretty good.

Great racing. Smart move to try Xfinity plates at MIS and Pocono as well to see if it works. I’d say just go with a smaller engine

The racing is great but they need to find a way to get the speed up before I'll be a fan of this package. They are going g way to slow for that sized track. Feels like they are racing at a short track which just doesn't feel right.

If that shot by Jones happened at Dega or Daytona the field would have wrecked. Cars are probably easier to hold on to when your going slower than usual.
Exactly...this was close racing and did not turn into a wreck fest like we see at Daytona and Dega. I really enjoy racing to the checkers without the wreck. Now, let's see what happens in the "Big One", pun intended.

and BTW lets give rookie Byron driving a new package two tires and get him buried in the field...bonehead.

What? Did he run down to the camera or was it because they went to him because he was leading the race with 2 to go? Come on man
Did you not watch is interview? He's mad cause he didn't get the most popular driver vote. I guess I like people who are humble. Sorry

Got home and re-watched the finish. Super weird that the 43(2 tires) AND the 24 lost the race by not wrapping around the bottom. Curious why both of those cars ran up top to finish it out.

Got home and re-watched the finish. Super weird that the 43(2 tires) AND the 24 lost the race by not wrapping around the bottom. Curious why both of those cars ran up top to finish it out.
Trying runs off the top lap times vs on the bottom

Back
Top Bottom