Race Thread

DIDIT

Old School Fan
I noticed for the truck race and today the race thread stayed open even during the rain delay. I liked that. I am curious why we shut down comments when the race is postponed or as in the past during rain delays.

I noticed for the truck race and today the race thread stayed open even during the rain delay. I liked that. I am curious why we shut down comments when the race is postponed or as in the past during rain delays.
I think the idea is to keep the conversation on the current actual racing as it is occurring or happening on the track.
And to avoid topics that are not directly related to the actual race. The weather being an act of God is just seen as what it is, and counting the puddles doesn't qualify as good racing talk.

Disclaimer: Just posting what I think, not a moderator or staff.

Last edited:
I think the idea is to keep the conversation on the current actual racing as it is occurring or happening on the track.
And to avoid topics that are not directly related to the actual race. The weather being an act of God is just seen as what it is, and counting the puddles doesn't qualify as good racing talk.

Disclaimer: Just posting what I think, not a moderator or staff.
Basically Greg nailed it , to keep the actual race thread for the race.

And why keep it open when nothing is happening at the track?
Ok, just thought I would ask. I just thought we still might have race relevant points to discuss even during delays. For me it kind of loses continuity to switch from race thread to pre race thread. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Ok, just thought I would ask. I just thought we still might have race relevant points to discuss even during delays. For me it kind of loses continuity to switch from race thread to pre race thread. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.
Technically we are now discussing a pre-race until tomorrow at 4:00. It makes sense

Back
Top Bottom