Racing Karts

Ashstrodamus

Team Owner
I used to live in ATL for about a year and a half. Andretti Speed Lab was right up the street. 9hp Karts, had to wear a helmet and fire suit. Digital displays on the steering wheels. They'd give you a printout of your lap times after each session. Usually about 10/12 laps. I never finished outside the top twenty. My best was fourth out of like 2,000 people during the day. Skybar was awesome. Drink a few liquor drinks and dominate on the track. Owned by John Andretti and Michael Andretti now. I had some dude ask if I raced Karts professionally, which I didn't, but I'm fast in any four-wheeled vehicle.

Hmmm... Not impressed about the drinking & driving... Surprised they allowed that liability. I wouldn't suggest boasting about that if you're looking for a ride...

You should check out today's race karts (if they have any around you). The "stock" engine classes have about 9hp, and other classes get up to about 25hp to 35hp or more. They almost all have digital displays, you have to wear a helmet, but a fire suit isn't required (a leather or similar jacket is, as well as long pants and a neck brace and gloves). Some tracks broadcast lap time data (for everybody) although you have to capture and print it out for yourself, but your digital display will do your own laps times for you too.

There aren't any true professional race kart drivers (not enough prize money available) but sometimes you do see professional race car drivers. Especially in shifter karts - some open wheel drivers like them because they help them keep their reflexes honed up.

Back
Top Bottom