Racing Magazines

P

PushRodV8

Anybody subscribed to any racing magazines? I'm looking for one that covers NASCAR, F1, Indycar and most of other racing but mention anything you are subscribed to. I know of Racer and RaceTech but looking for some reviews of them I guess.

I'll look into them. I really just want a good racing magazine. Regardless of the type of racing it covers.

I don't subscribe to it but I have some issues and I really like National Speed Sport News. They cover pretty much everything from short track dirt racing all the way up to Cup/Indycar.

I want to try out RACER. If it's anything like their Web site it'll be quality.

This is what I'm mainly interested in but I don't know anyone that has it. It's quite expensive but they did have a free issue deal but it's gone now.

There hasn't been half decent Nascar news publication since Winston Cup Scene disappeared . TV basically took over because the news was up to date . Now the internet is taking over because it's up to the minute .

I subscribe to two: Speedway Illustrated and Circle Track. Both of them focus mostly on NASCAR, although both do cover lower American racing classes too. Neither of them cover F1, although sometimes Circle Track might have an article about IndyCar (but rarely). Circle Track is also more likely to cover other open wheel cars like Sprint cars.

The main difference between these two is that Speedway Illustrated is more entertainment oriented while Circle Track is more tech oriented. Speedway Illustrated does have some tech articles but Circle Track will go into tech a lot deeper. As a result Speedway Illustrated is an easier read but Circle Track is more likely to give you tech that could make you faster.

As a racer I prefer the tech over entertainment, but I enjoy some of both. I bought a few issues of Winston Cup Scene but never subscribed because I wanted more than soap opera stories. Same boat with National Speed Sport News. I've bought a few issues of Racer and RaceTech but they focus on racing overseas that is too different from what I do so I haven't subscribed. But what I have seen of them is pretty impressive albeit pricey.

Yeah I want a magazine that focuses on the technical side of racing.
I've looked into circle track but they just focus of oval racing. Seems like a good magazine though

Back
Top Bottom