Racing Returning to Rockingham

It says the Facebook link has been removed. Anyway here’s a picture of The Rock from two days ago, track doesn’t look too bad and the garages look functional

It says the Facebook link has been removed. Anyway here’s a picture of The Rock from two days ago, track doesn’t look too bad and the garages look functional

They've got a lot of work to do. I told them back in December I'd come out and help them with the media center and setting it up when they're ready to get to that. They have my number.

They've got a lot of work to do. I told them back in December I'd come out and help them with the media center and setting it up when they're ready to get to that. They have my number.
Do you know of any news on how it’s going with the track being revived? I thought a race was going to be held there in October, but I don’t remember the series

Do you know of any news on how it’s going with the track being revived? I thought a race was going to be held there in October, but I don’t remember the series
CARS Tour. There’s a tire test on Wednesday. I can’t make it out but one of my guys will be there for Short Track Scene.

I love the Rock, almost as much as Darlington. When you go to a race at these two tracks you are reliving NASCAR. Thanks for offering to help. A NASCAR race of any type at the Rock and I will do everything I can to be there.

It's a good way to warm back up to the facility, but it still looks like accessing the track will be a problem if they decided to host more events.

That's been the heel of the track for as long as its been open.
I thought it was because it was in the middle of nowhwere?

I really feel for whom ever is spending the money on Rockingham, but, due to location and existing area infrastructure, stick a fork in it, it is done.

I went to the Rockingham Track for the last Cup race there and really enjoyed it, but ingres and egres were a pain in the you no what.

FWIW they have made some serious progress on the widening of US 1.

And as active as the dragstrip stays, don't tell me location is an issue. Yeah we're in the middle of nowhere but I dont see Darlington being an issue and its in the boonies as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't know that it's any easier getting out of Darlington, at least not off the track property. Darlington does have the advantage of relative closeness to two interstates.

We will see yall 11/6/21

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
e75ead605229cede3fe27abbea398835.jpg

I really feel for whom ever is spending the money on Rockingham, but, due to location and existing area infrastructure, stick a fork in it, it is done.

I went to the Rockingham Track for the last Cup race there and really enjoyed it, but ingres and egres were a pain in the you no what.
Yeah I don't think they are ready for prime time. Hopefully they can draw a crowd with the smaller stuff and their other events they hold and make a go of it.

Reactions: sdj
How tf is a race canceled due to tire shortage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How tf is a race canceled due to tire shortage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A ton of races have been canceled over tire shortages. Interestingly, Hoosier's found enough tires for teams to be able to purchase two, three, four, even six sets of tires for bigger races.

This race, however, required a special compound after they had numerous issues in testing last winter and it was always unrealistic to think, given that they couldn't produce enough tires for tracks to race, they'd be able to produce tires for this one.

This was the inevitable result.

A ton of races have been canceled over tire shortages. Interestingly, Hoosier's found enough tires for teams to be able to purchase two, three, four, even six sets of tires for bigger races.

This race, however, required a special compound after they had numerous issues in testing last winter and it was always unrealistic to think, given that they couldn't produce enough tires for tracks to race, they'd be able to produce tires for this one.

This was the inevitable result.
Some teams built specially-built cars just for this race. The way the sheet metal is designed on late model stock cars, the teams had to build a bunch of metal bracing to keep the outer body panels from from flapping in the wind.

Well I already have found 4 different options after a quick search. Was planning to visit family in Florence SC that weekend...unfortunately Florence isn't running from what I see but I do see promise from Fayetteville, Lake View, Sumter, and the WoO finals are in Charlotte.

Back
Top Bottom