Radical Proposal To Make Racing Awesome Again... From A 1980's Journeyman Driver

So deluded rice-burner fan bois will shuck out extra for options that have no effect under the conditions most them run.
probably need to take a look at all cars in general these days. Less drag at even slower speeds increases fuel mileage and performance

The major cost is in the constant development war, with aerodynamics and engines being the largest contributors of excessive expense. I strongly believe that the current concept of racecar design needs a complete reset. There has been no real innovation in racing since the discovery of aerodynamics. It is always the first priority. It’s the #1 factor in driving the costs higher, it’s the #1 factor in making the racing less interesting, it has no relevance to anything automotive, yet it’s been the primary focus in every single form of racing the past 30 years or more. It’s time for a major reset.

LMP1 says hello. When Toyota, Porsche, and Audi were all competing from 2014-2016 it was probably the best road racing I've seen. All very different powertrains.

I agree than an overreliance on aero wars, a la F1 2017-present and IndyCar 2015-2017, is both damaging to the racing product and needlessly costly. You can't unlearn aero but the sanctioning bodies have the ability to influence the degree to which they matter and cost through the regulations. Even F1 are getting this through their thick skulls now.

Can’t be the same reason; I don’t think there are any Fusion fan bois.

I duuno, you tell me. You asked, I’m just tossing spaghetti at the wall.
Every road car produced for the past 3 decades or so has intentionally been designed to produce downforce and tested in the wind tunnel to ensure that it does.

My grandmother’s spaghetti is too good to be thrown against the wall.

Every road car produced for the past 3 decades or so has intentionally been designed to produce downforce and tested in the wind tunnel to ensure that it does.

My grandmother’s spaghetti is too good to be thrown against the wall.
But are splitters and flip top deck lids the most cost-effective way to achieve it? I recall those were the Honda features you brought up.

Okay, I didn't really recall that; I scrolled back and looked.

I tried to read this thread but it gave me a headache. People constantly contradicting themselves in long drawn out posts do that to me.

Back
Top Bottom