Radioactive 2021 etc.

This one is worth watching :biggrin:

Radioactive: Daytona 500 - "I can't believe this. We're Daytona 500 champions" | NASCAR RACE HUB​

Radioactive: Daytona R.C. - ”As Matt Kenseth says, 'Only my jokes are funny'" | NASCAR RACE HUB​

Man, there was a LOT more to the radio chatter leading up to and after Chase spinning at end there other than "I'm sorry." Having listened live, I certainly see how the editor's manipulate Radioactive.

Yeah it's supposed to be for fun and entertainment. I bet they have to cut tons of it out.

Man, there was a LOT more to the radio chatter leading up to and after Chase spinning at end there other than "I'm sorry." Having listened live, I certainly see how the editor's manipulate Radioactive.
You're right, but you see how condensed these segments are. They take hours of content and minimize it down to a few minutes.

This one is worth watching :biggrin:

Radioactive: Daytona 500 - "I can't believe this. We're Daytona 500 champions" | NASCAR RACE HUB​

Didn’t realize the entire wheel came off brads car there wow

"He didn't run in the back of us, he *expletive* ran though us" | NASCAR RACE HUB'S Radioactive​

Wow. I really do think that Larson wanted to know what lane blaney was running. Didn’t hear them give that info

Wow. I really do think that Larson wanted to know what lane blaney was running. Didn’t hear them give that info
They edit the heck out of these snippets, it's hard to tell sometimes. I think a lot of what the press are trying to do is make it like Larson suddenly lost the race. The fact is while leading the race, Blaney had to slow down to get some trash off of his grill, catch and run up on Larson to do it, and then re-pass Larson to get out front again. If he didn't have to do that I believe Blaney would have parked himself out front by about 3 seconds until the end of the snoozer.

They edit the heck out of these snippets, it's hard to tell sometimes. I think a lot of what the press are trying to do is make it like Larson suddenly lost the race. The fact is while leading the race, Blaney had to slow down to get some trash off of his grill, catch and run up on Larson to do it, and then re-pass Larson to get out front again. If he didn't have to do that I believe Blaney would have parked himself out front by about 3 seconds until the end of the snoozer.
Blaney definitely had a fast car.

Larson and his team both deserve credit for not keeping up with the track IMO. It's no coincidence that when he drove for a completely different team the same thing happened more than it should. If they want to be at the top, that is going to have to get better. Hamlin, KDB, Harv, Truex and this time Blaney almost always are fastest in the the final stage of races.

Larson and his team both deserve credit for not keeping up with the track IMO. It's no coincidence that when he drove for a completely different team the same thing happened more than it should. If they want to be at the top, that is going to have to get better. Hamlin, KDB, Harv, Truex and this time Blaney almost always are fastest in the the final stage of races.
Honestly I'm not sure he and Daniels are that good of a fit. Larson is just good enough to make it somewhat work regardless. I've always heard that Larson doesn't know much much about cars and what adjustments to make etc. He just drives.
Nothing necessarily wrong with that especially when you can drive like he can, however he IMO needs a crew chief whose strong points involve keeping up with the track etc to help cover his weaknesses

Honestly I'm not sure he and Daniels are that good of a fit. Larson is just good enough to make it somewhat work regardless. I've always heard that Larson doesn't know much much about cars and what adjustments to make etc. He just drives.
Nothing necessarily wrong with that especially when you can drive like he can, however he IMO needs a crew chief whose strong points involve keeping up with the track etc to help cover his weaknesses
I don't think that isn't going to work at the top level. He has to be able to anticipate what the car needs or what the car is doing to keep the balance and be able to communicate that to the crew chief so they can stay ahead. That is how he got beat

They’ve been together at HMS for 6 races.

They have a WIN, 3 top-fives and 5 top tens. Rick Hendrick will play the long game, as usual.

I don't think that isn't going to work at the top level. He has to be able to anticipate what the car needs or what the car is doing to keep the balance and be able to communicate that to the crew chief so they can stay ahead. That is how he got beat
I agree he definitely needs to be able to somewhat, just that it's not one of his strengths and so he probably needs a crew chief who's biggest strengths include keeping up with adjustments based on what feedback he does provide.

They’ve been together at HMS for 6 races.

They have a WIN, 3 top-fives and 5 top tens. Rick Hendrick will play the long game, as usual.
I agree but I believe it's more that Larson is such a good driver he can make anything work with that quality of equipment, just that with the right crew chief I think he could be even better. I also agree they will get better with more experience over time regardless.

I agree but I believe it's more that Larson is such a good driver he can make anything work with that quality of equipment, just that with the right crew chief I think he could be even better. I also agree they will get better with more experience over time regardless.
No practice, qualifying, nothing and they unload fast and dominate the race, This isn't Larson carrying the car, this was the team not keeping up with the track and loosing one they should have won. The crew chief isn't a mind reader. They both could have been asleep, whatever, they didn't keep up with the track and Blaney's bunch kept getting better.

They’re 2nd in overall points and leading the playoff standings.

I apologize for continuing to post statistics that identify the 5 as the second best team out there at this point in the season. And closing.

NGL, I thought this Radioactive was a little light on content. I thought the drivers would be more talkative with all the physical contact.

Alex comes to the front from 24th and then after a pit stop they tell him he has to go to the back because of an uncontrolled tire, and he just calmly says I will pass them again...and then he does just that. Then he gives his checkered flag to a little girl, and then he tearfully dedicates his win to a fallen crewmember. That is definitely the same Alex Bowman I knew when he was racing dirt cars on the Westcoast. If he bores a few fans then I think that says more about them then it does him...but I will definitely be a fan for life. :D

Any driver that has a couple of big water dogs spoiled rotten.:biggrin: I'm glad Alex has "made" it and solidly in the show. I think he calls that black one Finn.

1619014777992.png

This is pretty good.
Caution language

Is it me, or are the Radioactive kind of tame this year?

Would love to have heard what Blaney said. Was he interviewed?

Is Truex worried he insulted NASCARS chosen?

Back
Top Bottom