Raikonen takes maiden victory in Malaysia!

B

BebiF1

Kimi Raikonen overcomes the steep odds and out races Rubens and Alonso, the other two podium finishers, to take a well deserved victory at one of the toughest races he will probably ever compete in. Other highlights including who I now call @sshole Shumacher who deliberatly punted Trulli out of turn two and the two made slight contact in turn one. To my great relief, Shumacher was given a drive through. A couple laps later, David Couldthard pulls his McLaren off track for unknown reasons. Back to lap 1, Antonio Pizzonia pulled a Shumacher aswell and cut turn 1 and slammed into the back of Montoya, tearing off half of his rear wing, and rips his own front wing off then slids across the track into Ralf Shumacher. At the end of the race, an emotional Kimi Raikonen quickly exits his car without taking off his helmet or congratulating his crew for reason I believe that he was crying, and his face looked it in the press conference afterwards. The pole sitter Alonso, turns his good fortune into a third place finish and by far his best career finish. Hope all you fans out there got to see this one because it marks Shumacher's definite struggle in the start of this season, and drops him well back in the points. I look for Ferrari to bring out their 2003 car at Interlagos in two weeks out of fear and desperation of this championship slipping away.

At last after 36 races and a new generation on podium Kimi and Alonso next year Massa will be with them

I remember that they mentioned that Massa was at Malaysia as the back up for Ferrari. Hint Hint, that means all of a sudden that Massa has some good ties with that team and we could see him in the blazing red ferrari in years to come. Remember he is really young and has many years ahead of him.

Kimi Raikkonen, all-time third youngest Grand Prix winner! Solid race ad perfect strategy bt McLaren. Nice for him to get the 1st win (finally) out of his system.

MS: Finally had some bad luck, that was different. Anyway, got what he deserved. Too optimistic move screwing a lot of people`s races (JPM must be mad). Good come-back tough to claim some points.

A star drive by Alonso, nurses Renault home for podium.
Nice drive by Button, last lap bad luck relegates him to seventh.
Star drivers out: JV, GF, DC, meet earlier retirements. I wonder if Jacques still thinks that Button is the weak teamate.

There were constant battlest throughoutthe whole race with some nice dicing between Button, Schumacher, and Trulli at the end.

Favorite dice of the race: Trulli waving fist in air for most of lap complaining to Firman holding him up, Trulli gets around him, and Firman ducks under him exiting the corner! Trulli must have been steaming.

that was great, haha. Why was he waving? I didn't think that he was holding him up. Probally was still pissed that big red car lost his patience by turn 2 and spun him, which I would be pissed to. Firman had a good run on that 1 stop, though I had to laugh at his tires, things looked like they were 1 degree from liquid stage. I think the surface of that track has to have razor blades in it.

Well done to Kimi...hope there is many, many, many more to come...(once you join Ferrari...hehee)

Another exciting race the whole way through...Two weeks is tooo long to wait for the next race...I'm just loooving this!! :D

Yea, two weeks is too long. Micheal is gonna have to really earn this one.
About Friman, I know I was predicting him to wreck, but he drove a very good race, and showed me that he does have what it takes, guess one bad run doesn't show all of a drivers potential. ex. Firman finding wall at Melboune.

Back
Top Bottom