Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Road course racing is really boring and European. Would love to see Milwaukee and Iowa those dates.

63033619.jpg

If I have to have a cable subscription anyway (which is what I suspected), what's the point?
This box has NOTHING to do with cable.
Do you have the internet? That is your connection. I run an internet cable to the Box and then directly to my TV. The Box sits on top of my TV. I put my TV on HDMI3 and voila I have all the shows and movies I can watch including live events. You can get shows from many other countries in many languages.
Google it.

PS: I don't get Pay Per View events.

This box has NOTHING to do with cable.
Do you have the internet? That is your connection. I run an internet cable to the Box and then directly to my TV. The Box sits on top of my TV. I put my TV on HDMI3 and voila I have all the shows and movies I can watch including live events. You can get shows from many other countries in many languages.
Google it.

PS: I don't get Pay Per View events.
And exactly where on the Internet does the box get this content from? If the content is on the Internet, why do a need a separate box to access it? Why can't I use the computer I'm using now?

I Googled it. The device's web site was very poorly organized and formatted. I couldn't make heads or tails out of it, and definitely couldn't find useful information.

http://www.arnubox.com/products/arnu-box-mach-10-pure-linux/

That's why I asked again. I'm open to any alternate links you might provide.

I don't look at PPV or 'premium' channels, so that's not a plus or minus to me.

And exactly where on the Internet does the box get this content from? If the content is on the Internet, why do a need a separate box to access it? Why can't I use the computer I'm using now?

I Googled it. The device's web site was very poorly organized and formatted. I couldn't make heads or tails out of it, and definitely couldn't find useful information.

http://www.arnubox.com/products/arnu-box-mach-10-pure-linux/

That's why I asked again. I'm open to any alternate links you might provide.

I don't look at PPV or 'premium' channels, so that's not a plus or minus to me.
I've browsed that site before. I can't really make heads or tails out of it either. Where does the programming come from? It doesn't mention that anywhere that I can find. One screen makes it look like Hulu but that is a subscribed service. I just don't know.

Apparently an ARNU box is optimized for running a media player called 'Kodi'. From the Kodi web site ( https://kodi.tv/about/ )

"IMPORTANT: The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi."

and

"Although this is the official Kodi repository we take no liability for any of these Add-ons written by 3rd parties. We are not responsible for their content or application. Any problems please post in the forum thread or contact
the foundation here."

and

"Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more."

But nothing about where the content is coming from. TP, did you have to install any plug-ins to get live network TV content? I wonder if the box itself is being sold with software that might not agree with my already low moral principles.

Incidentally, the Kodi player is a free download available for multiple operating systems, including Windows, so buying an ARNU box isn't a requirement to use it.

Last edited:
Subject closed, my moral principals allows me to watch anything someone puts on the internet that isn't immoral. I used to watch the direct feeds from the race track on my 10 ft dish. Some day this box may disappear as well.

Subject closed, my moral principals allows me to watch anything someone puts on the internet that isn't immoral. I used to watch the direct feeds from the race track on my 10 ft dish. Some day this box may disappear as well.
Cool. As long as we both know where we're coming from.

Help @Professur Could you please lower your standards enough to explain this ARNU box 10 system thingy to us ungeeks. :D

is good at computers and the java is taking long to respond, the website may crash again soon

Back
Top Bottom