Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

I mean it’s still a top sport with millions of weekly viewers and as Busch proved, it gives a major bump. There is no better sport to advertise in than NASCAR I think. So much merchandise and ability to display your product
And race fans are more brand loyal and aware than viewers of most other sports. When your favorite driver's career is tied directly to the product or service, you pay at least some attention.

Watching the Peach Bowl..Awesome fake punt, but then I spotted the NASCAR sign...
20210101_150818.jpg

Im at the point of a Midwest winter where I miss racing. I’m not watching NFL, I decided to que up the 1995 Busch Clash. I don’t remember who wins and I don’t know why I decided to watch it, but did you know whoever got the most Busch Series poles the previous season was invited to the such Clash the next year? I didn’t know that

Now that Jimmie Johnson retired from NASCAR to race Indycar; it's kind of weird to go into the 2021 season without someone to root for.

Now that Jimmie Johnson retired from NASCAR to race Indycar; it's kind of weird to go into the 2021 season without someone to root for.
It gets better. I haven’t had a favorite since JG retired, you’ll get used to it. It’s still weird a bit the 24 is out there and he’s not driving it.

It gets better. I haven’t had a favorite since JG retired, you’ll get used to it. It’s still weird a bit the 24 is out there and he’s not driving it.

That's going to be weird for sure, to see the #48 without JimJam behind the wheel.

Im at the point of a Midwest winter where I miss racing. I’m not watching NFL, I decided to que up the 1995 Busch Clash. I don’t remember who wins and I don’t know why I decided to watch it, but did you know whoever got the most Busch Series poles the previous season was invited to the such Clash the next year? I didn’t know that

Yep, they did that for a few years. If my memory serves, the driver was David Green and he was driving a #95 Busch beer Lumina that was prepared by Hendrick. It was an old car (every other Chevrolet driver was in the new Monte Carlo body)

Kenny Wallace ... science denier. Odd posture for a guy who made his living off the laws of physics.

I've been watching the 2014 season on youtube, it's the first season I can find that has most races in high def.... I wish I could find earlier seasons that were watchable but most are very bad video and not worth watching.

I qued up the 1997 Busch Clash here on the YouTube on my last day of vacay, gosh I love these races on CBS. I have a special spot in my heart for Jeff Gordon’s paint scheme in this race, the DuPont Chroma Premier. What a bad ass looking car

Not the same thing, these older utube videos are much worse quality than the original broadcast as they are compressed versions of the original broadcast.
yeah some of them are pretty bad. There are some that have been re worked, but they are few and far between.

I'm no dirt expert and I've never seen a race track in a pile but that's some odd looking dirt, both the color and how powdery it looks. I'll assume they know what they're doing though.
Dirt color depends on a lot of things such as where it's from. Dirt tracks in the south look a lot different then the northeast. I'd be interested where this dirt is from cause it doesn't have the red clay look you get a lot in the south.

Dirt color depends on a lot of things such as where it's from. Dirt tracks in the south look a lot different then the northeast. I'd be interested where this dirt is from cause it doesn't have the red clay look you get a lot in the south.
That's what I was thinking. Looks nothing like the dirt I've known either in the south or even in Ohio.

I've been there but only at night for an Outlaws race some years ago, no problems then.
This years Outlaws finals were a dust bowl of epic proportions

I'm no dirt expert and I've never seen a race track in a pile but that's some odd looking dirt, both the color and how powdery it looks. I'll assume they know what they're doing though.
Sawdust used as a separation layer.

Makes clay removal and cleanup easier / cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom