Rate the 2019 Season

I mostly checked out after Chicagoland. Watched a few full races down the stretch like Bristol, The Glen, Martinsville, Homestead but it just wasn't worth it to watch all the way week-in and week-out after a while. Overall the least interested I've been in a decade.

Tweaking downforce levels for at least the short tracks is a must for next year until they debut Next Gen in 2021. They need to knock it out of the park with that car.

Worse than 2015? Hell no, not even close.

This season gets a 6.5 IMO. I think the main issue was with the short tracks not being the best. If, they can address the short tracks, I think the product will improve. Also, Michigan/Pocono/Indy all tracks over 1.5 need to be addressed.

The best racing IMO, the plate package was pretty good tbh. Daytona and Dega were pretty solid races, NASCAR needs to find a happy medium with all of the tracks. This year had potential, but the lack of power at the larger superspeedways and to an extent at intermediates need to be solved. It wasn't bad, but more power could be helpful for them.

I sure as hell have no answers, but this season is miles better than 2015 and 2016. Pales behind 13, 17, and 18. All Gen 6 years, its probably the fifth*. 2014 was pretty good all-round.

Last edited:
Worse than 2015? Hell no, not even close.

This season gets a 6.5 IMO. I think the main issue was with the short tracks not being the best. If, they can address the short tracks, I think the product will improve. Also, Michigan/Pocono/Indy all tracks over 1.5 need to be addressed.

The best racing IMO, the plate package was pretty good tbh. Daytona and Dega were pretty solid races, NASCAR needs to find a happy medium with all of the tracks. This year had potential, but the lack of power at the larger superspeedways and to an extent at intermediates need to be solved. It wasn't bad, but more power could be helpful for them.

I sure as hell have no answers, but this season is miles better than 2015 and 2016. Pales behind 13, 17, and 18. All Gen 6 years, its probably the fourth best year.
As we just ran the last race of the decade, I was thinking about what was the best and worst season of the 2010’s. I agree 2015 was the worst, 2011 was the best IMO. 19 different winners including 5 first-timers, and a tie for the championship. I was also one of the 7 people who liked the tandem drafting on the plate tracks, which was going on that year.

As we just ran the last race of the decade, I was thinking about what was the best and worst season of the 2010’s. I agree 2015 was the worst, 2011 was the best IMO. 19 different winners including 5 first-timers, and a tie for the championship. I was also one of the 7 people who liked the tandem drafting on the plate tracks, which was going on that year.

2015 was boring as hell but at least it was racing.

3 -- On the plus side, Nascar cup racing has a deep field of top quality teams and drivers. But this bounty is being squandered by a dumbed-down rules package that leaves me grumpy and unsatisfied just about every week. Also, the competitive imbalance just adds to my frustration. I'm not a fan of the Toyota business model in Nascar, and believe it is detrimental to the long-term health of the sport.

4. This aero package will prove to be a detriment to this great sport in the long term

I rate it a 5. The end of the season sputtered out

Surely with the whole new racecar in 2021 it will be much different? I want to fast forward thru the 2020 season. I think it's going to be the same as this one. Admittedly there were a lot of tracks where this package looked exciting and I cant deny it. On the other hand I really felt like 2018 season was about as good as it gets. I dunno why they felt the need to change anything from that season.

As we just ran the last race of the decade, I was thinking about what was the best and worst season of the 2010’s. I agree 2015 was the worst, 2011 was the best IMO. 19 different winners including 5 first-timers, and a tie for the championship.
Well, I try to keep in mind of the Gen 6 car. Its hard to compare 2011 and 2012 were fantastic, but the gen 6 is different. Its the reason why I tried to keep the the comparison to just that alone.

1/2 the races were OK and had some good naps during the others.
Today was the worst race coverage I could imagine.

4. There were some bright spots with some of the plate races but over all, the results were as lackluster as we all feared when they chopped the power and added the downforce.

On a scale of 1/10.

2 for me. There were entertaining races in the mid-summer, but this was a painful season.

3 here. I went to Bristol which was cool but honestly I've watched less this year than ever. The new package takes all the excitement out of most of the tracks. I think I watched as many F1 races as NASCAR.

I rate it a 5. The end of the season sputtered out

Surely with the whole new racecar in 2021 it will be much different? I want to fast forward thru the 2020 season. I think it's going to be the same as this one. Admittedly there were a lot of tracks where this package looked exciting and I cant deny it. On the other hand I really felt like 2018 season was about as good as it gets. I dunno why they felt the need to change anything from that season.
Well I think that’s the million dollar question unless I’m uneducated about it: what are they going to run with the new car aero wise?

Back
Top Bottom