Rate the All-Star Race Experiment

Rate the 2018 All Star Race

• 11 - 1992 Hooters 500 (Once in a lifetime event, Petty Retires, Gordon Enters, Kulwicki wins the cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10- (Something better than the races listed below, but not a once in a lifetime event)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 9 - 1979 Daytona 500 (Allison, Yarborough fight, Petty wins, dawn of NASCAR Golden Age)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - 2003 Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 (Ricky Craven/Kurt Busch amazing finish)

• 7 - 2016 AAA 400 Drive of Autism (Kenseth, Larson, and Elliot put on a show)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 6 - 2004 Federated Auto Parts 400 (First year of the Chase, Last race of the regular season)

• 4 - 2015 Pure Michigan 400 (High downforce package snoozer)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3 - 2000 Dura Lube 300 Sponsored by Kmart (Jeff Burton leads all 300 laps)

• 2 - 2008 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard ("Tiregate")

• 0 - 2001 Daytona 500 (No one wants to relive the day that Dale Sr. Passed away)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LouieLouie

Team Owner
I'm experimenting with a different way to rate each race and wouldn't mind some feedback.

The rating is from 0 to 11, but mainly 1-10. There is no 5 because it is in the middle. I would prefer to know if the race was slightly positive or slightly negative rather than just middle of the road. There is also no 1 because I can only have 10 voting options. So I felt 0 was more important.

If you think there are better races to compare to, please let me know.

After you vote, let us know why in the comments. Thanks for your time.

I gave the All-Star race a 6 based on the scale above. It was an interesting experiment by NASCAR but not quite as good as the 2016 AAA 400. I also thought it was much better than the 2015 Pure Michigan 400, so I ended up with a 6.

Thank you for the care you took in explaining your rating scale. I give it a score of The Old College Try out of Pi. I also award it a World's Greatest Grandpa and three playoff points. However, the race failed post-race inspection, so all of the above is cucumbered.

Given how often I've seen "The Day" airing on Fox Sports' channels through the years, I'm going to question the veracity of your reference point for 0. We either need a different comparison, or we need to extend the scale into negative numbers.

Thanks for the feedback gang!
My apologies to those that might be confused. I will try to explain it a little better next time, which is why I wanted to do a test run first.

Don't forget to tell your friends to vote, the pole closes Saturday!

@LouieLouie , I want to participate in your POLL, but, I have know idea how to respond to the question asked with the choices given. :idunno:

Ok,
so it is just a standard poll of 1-10, 10 being the highest, 1 being the lowest. The races next to the choices above are for reference. For example, a rating of 4 is like saying the all-star race was as good (or not so good) as the 2015 Pure Michigan 400. The 2015 Pure Michigan 400 was the race in which NASCAR decided to use the high down force package. It had the opposite effect of what they intended and the race was a boring single file parade. You can watch it on youtube if you care to.

So if you think the ASR was better than the 2015 Pure Michigan 400, then look for a higher rating, if you think it was worse, look for a lower rating.
The races listed are references to understand what a rating of 4 or 6 or 9, etc means.

As another example, see post #2, which is how I rated the ASR. I rated it a 6 because I thought the race was better than the 2015 Pure Michigan 400, but not as good as the 2016 AAA Drive for Autism.

Shoot me a PM if you have more questions, or just post it here. No worries.

landscape-1476389673-gettyimages-168351286.jpg

Back
Top Bottom