Rate The Cup Race: Martinsville I

Give it a 7 sat in turn 3 and there was no action on our side of the track but ate 5 hotdogs and drank 7 beers, more fun to watch drunks fall down the stairs. trucks get a 9 they made the day for me props to JH nemecheck. Good day

8 got to go with the grand kids, they had a blast. Glad to see Boyer back in victory lane.

8.. wasn’t the wreck fest that everyone wants but some damn good short track racing, I enjoyed it and glad it stayed green at the end

4 Attended the race. Very little passing/bumping action. Everyone ran the same speed. It was pretty much 500 laps of single file driving rather than racing. However, there was a muddy hill in the parking lot cars were sliding down and getting stuck on. This was by far the best action I saw all day and it truly shouldn’t be that way.

i slept thru most of it. If most of the race was like the last 30 laps then a 2. They've managed to make racing boring at all the tracks.
I don’t know what is going on. No one is driving aggressively, or pushing limits, and it is starting to bum me out.

I'd be happy if they just added some banking to it.

It is a very technical track with a steep learning curve, and the lack of forgiving banking is an element of that. There are great short track drivers (Kyle Larson) who still haven't really figured it out. Harvick has explained just how difficult it is. Longtime fans who have basic knowledge of and connection to what is going on behind the wheel tend to appreciate this, and that is why it is popular among hardcore fans. Classic Bristol was popular for the wrecks. Martinsville has always been the thinking man's short track, though it is usually damned entertaining too.

My rating for today would be an 8. I am still being a tad forgiving because of my appreciation for how NASCAR is letting the races play out.

Last edited:
5 the top two cars still separated from the rest of the pack and there was no bumping which Martinsville is known for

10. Wife's driver got his win. He's a great interview too.

No extra love given to Nascar for not artificially manipulating the race as that is how it should have always been.

4 Attended the race. Very little passing/bumping action. Everyone ran the same speed. It was pretty much 500 laps of single file driving rather than racing. However, there was a muddy hill in the parking lot cars were sliding down and getting stuck on. This was by far the best action I saw all day and it truly shouldn’t be that way.
Yes this was the majority of entertainment just set up on the hill watching these idiots for like an hour. And there is something wrong with that

5. Lack of the beating, banging, and rubbing that has defined Martinsville over the years. Not enough cars at the end of the race with donut marks on the doors.

The car owners said if they keep the finders straight (no crashes) they would get bonus at end of year.

7.5. Martinsville always reminds me of the Monaco F1 race. I usually get scolded for saying that, but it is my opinion. Rich in history and tradition, very tight, stop and go, hard to be inch-perfect but that's what it takes, lots of blocking and lots of frustration. This one had a runaway at the end... boo to that.

Congrats to Bowyer, hope he doesn't return to five more years of hibernation. Congrats to Blaney, the only young gun able to contend among the veterans. Props to The Dinger for his fine result, and to Almirola too, except that pit road part. Need to clean that part up, Aric.

I was really disappointed that the top groove didn’t come in like it did at both races last year. That was some amazing stuff

Back
Top Bottom