Rate The Cup Race: Michigan I

Going with a 8

8.0 from me. An excellent race with plenty of hard fighting. The cars were hard to handle so drivers had to work hard... and use their driving skills. To dumb this down with restrictor plates, high drag, and tons of downforce would be a total travesty.

Sure wish there was some way that they could have kept this one going. The battles were intense, there was plenty of action and plenty of passing up and down and throughout the field. The winner was not the best winner that there could have been, but Bowyer gets mad respect since he endured a five-year winless streak and is now stringing together an impressive season to show that he has more ability than some, including myself, tended to think he had. Immediately after the race, the guys in the booth were propping up Clint and saying that he could be the fourth driver to tack on in the elite group that has so far been Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, and Martin Truex, Jr. The thing is, MTJ has not run quite on par with Kevin and Kyle, and he certainly did not today, so it is still the Kevin and Kyle show, imo. To elaborate a little further, Clint himself has the same number of wins as MTJ but outside of that Martinsville victory, he has not shown himself as being on par with the top of the field. They still have some work to do. Not trying to take away from his accomplishments this year, because they have been admirable. Interestingly enough, his Cup champion team-mate Kurt Busch has yet to win any races this year despite having had more time to coexist with SHR and more time to get acclimated to their environment and machinery. What is going on with the 41 camp? They obviously have the speed, but they are still missing the mark. Speaking of missing the mark, very little was seen of Chevy today. Tick tock...

The four people who have won multiple Cup races this season are Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Martin Truex, Jr., and Clint Bowyer. Still digesting that as of right now...

It was a race of strategies. It looked like the Fords had the field covered forcing teams to try different strategies. Bowyer taking two tires and hanging on to the lead from a teammate who raced him clean. Menard had a strategy that got him a top 5 finish. Kyle and Kyle's strategy was what they always do, pass every car they could, it worked for Busch but Larson spun out (which happens too often). I was even educated; Jamie Little mentioned that NASCAR ruled the air guns had to be run on one type of gas (and I assumed they ran on air). Cleaver teams discovered they can run them with helium and get a couple hundred more rpm - breaking them and whining about it (I assume with high pitch voices). NASCAR doesn't write the rules, the teams do it with their actions.

Roush/Yates motors are badass. Congrats. 10.

Too much clusterf****ry and too short of a race for me to be satisfied. Better than the disaster on Saturday though.

upload_2018-6-13_10-0-17.png

Back
Top Bottom