Rate The Cup Race: Michigan II

7 for the race, good but not great. Michigan has had a couple of great races in recent years, but more often since the re-pave they are like this one.

Was super awkward that NBC chose to pretend the biggest news story of the year never happened... the change in Nascar leadership. Inexcusable. It doesn't affect my rating score, but I'm pissed at NBC. Can you imagine Sunday Night Football not mentioning that Roger Goodell was arrested, and shuffled out of his job, if that actually happened? No, I can't either. NBC has disrespected the intelligence of their audience by deciding we don't care about that and don't deserve to be told of it.

I'm tempted to give a couple points extra credit for the Nascar wind tunnel and dyno analysis... just to see @Revman pop a vein, but I refrained...:D

the track was repaved after the 2011 season.
I went to testing prior to the 2012 June race and there was already a single groove developed in just a few hours exactly where the current groove is. Used to be able to rim ride or take the bottom line.

10. Everybody brought their best stuff, and Harvick crushed them. Best car went the fastest, and his team executed. As NASCAR should be IMO. Nobody will ever know the results, but we can all take great comfort in knowing that NASCAR has it under control. Whew.....and I got my Playoff Spec Toyotas! It has been a wonderful Christmas children.

Boring.
No competition for Harvick.
Crap pure crap.
Perfect example as to why NASCAR has lost so many fans.
Sad.
Really? You know the competition today compared to past Michigan races are closer then ever right? Sure every now and then you have a battle to the line but usually its just like yesterday, been that way forever.

Nowhere else to put this.....This is a great season IMO. Harvick throws down the gauntlet in Michigan. This was a particularly crucial race given that it was used IMO as the final prep for the Playoffs--the position that Indy once held. Even more important was that MY TRD Toyotas brought big improvements under the hood, and aero....but Harvick did what he has done all season. This was a crushing blow IMO to Toyota. I hate it, but I love it at the same time. Harvick is savage. What makes this season so cool is now Bristol becomes huge for Kyle Busch and Toyota. IMO they have to answer. If Harvick gets on a run before the Playoffs, you might see the five win (or more) stretch Tony pulled off when he won the thing. This win for Harvick was more significant than just the trophy. This all sets up a Kyle Busch as underdog going to his track. Just fabulous.....and a shame that the bitchers are too busy bitching about this sport to appreciate it.....but I have faith that they will see the light. This is epic.

A few interesting moments, but all in all pretty bland. The 4 was never really even challenged when the points were on the line (both stages and the win).

10. Everybody brought their best stuff, and Harvick crushed them. Best car went the fastest, and his team executed. As NASCAR should be IMO. Nobody will ever know the results, but we can all take great comfort in knowing that NASCAR has it under control. Whew.....and I got my Playoff Spec Toyotas! It has been a wonderful Christmas children.

The wind tunnel at Michigan is USUALLY an every year process. Maybe the tunnel will help the Yotas who really lost face with the new body and engine package they were bragging about at Michigan.

I’m a KB and Harvick fan but without question Harvick has been the most dominant car this year. He has 7 wins and also should’ve won a few more (June Michigan, Texas, Sonoma) to name a few. He’s been as dominant as Truex was last season the only difference is that Harvick’s dominance started in February and still is going. Truex dominated but didn’t hit his peak until the end of may last season. He will get to double digit wins at least

I went to testing prior to the 2012 June race and there was already a single groove developed in just a few hours exactly where the current groove is. Used to be able to rim ride or take the bottom line.
They used the tire dragon to try to open up another lane , but Harvick said the rubber just bounced off the track. The trucks didn't have a problem with the track though.

For my 2 cents worth, the tire dragon and the spray down BS is just that,
Bull ****.gif
Don't need any gimmicks. Show up race the track as it is, where ever it is and may the Team that figured the track out the best - WIN!

7...not enough close competition, need bodies from early nineties. Before they allowed them to make 'em into a morphodites

Liked Harvick chasing down the leaders though...thought that the Penske cars would be stronger too.

6. Some solid action but Harvick absolutely kicked ass

Also lower your ticket prices at MIS. There’s a reason Turn 1 was full, it didn’t cost an arm and a leg to sit there

The best Bristol ever was, is when Bruton ground it down and made three equal grooves, they were two and three wide all night, but that is JMHO. :D

The spray down stuff is a pure joke and bandaid to fix something that does not need fixing, this also is JMHO.

Nowhere else to put this.....This is a great season IMO. Harvick throws down the gauntlet in Michigan. This was a particularly crucial race given that it was used IMO as the final prep for the Playoffs--the position that Indy once held. Even more important was that MY TRD Toyotas brought big improvements under the hood, and aero....but Harvick did what he has done all season. This was a crushing blow IMO to Toyota. I hate it, but I love it at the same time. Harvick is savage. What makes this season so cool is now Bristol becomes huge for Kyle Busch and Toyota. IMO they have to answer. If Harvick gets on a run before the Playoffs, you might see the five win (or more) stretch Tony pulled off when he won the thing. This win for Harvick was more significant than just the trophy. This all sets up a Kyle Busch as underdog going to his track. Just fabulous.....and a shame that the bitchers are too busy bitching about this sport to appreciate it.....but I have faith that they will see the light. This is epic.

Agreed.

I thought it was a decent race, 7 overall. Michigan just hasn't been that good since the repave.

The wind tunnel at Michigan is USUALLY an every year process. Maybe the tunnel will help the Yotas who really lost face with the new body and engine package they were bragging about at Michigan.

Thought the OSS took care of our wind tunnel needs? Don't worry about OUR package.....WE were sandbagging like Kez suggested WE were last year. :D

That what Nascar America and Race hub are for noone wants to hear that on sundays when its Race Time and its already been talked about 100 times doing the week.[/QUOTE]

7 for the race, good but not great. Michigan has had a couple of great races in recent years, but more often since the re-pave they are like this one.

Was super awkward that NBC chose to pretend the biggest news story of the year never happened... the change in Nascar leadership. Inexcusable. It doesn't affect my rating score, but I'm pissed at NBC. Can you imagine Sunday Night Football not mentioning that Roger Goodell was arrested, and shuffled out of his job, if that actually happened? No, I can't either. NBC has disrespected the intelligence of their audience by deciding we don't care about that and don't deserve to be told of it.

I'm tempted to give a couple points extra credit for the Nascar wind tunnel and dyno analysis... just to see @Revman pop a vein, but I refrained...:D

Is there a definitive improvement that is measurable? How will we ever know because the race was not ran on the original surface with the current aero-splitter-spoiler package car being used. :idunno:

I especially hate it at "BRISTOL".

Bristol was ruined after the redesign. New Hampshire, Chicagoland, and other tracks outside of Kentucky improved racing.

Standing Ovation

6. Some solid action but Harvick absolutely kicked ass

Also lower your ticket prices at MIS. There’s a reason Turn 1 was full, it didn’t cost an arm and a leg to sit there
I love the top of the turn 1 stands right by the tunnel. Best seats there.

you probably need to mark the wind tunnel inspection on your calendar, so it doesn't continue to be a surprise for ya. #parity. ;)

How is all of that parity working out for you? #Harvicking

Back
Top Bottom