Rate The Cup Race: Pocono 1

2. I've felt spoiled with the races that I have gotten see lately, as not a single one was dull, but instead actually they have been quite fun until we rolled out with this one today. Pocono was a snoozer, so I can relax and not prioritize trying to watch the summer race here later on.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this package at Pocono.

6 and that might be a bit too much. ( the winner has nothing to do with my rating)

3 this package surprisingly sucked surprised at that actually. I think the speeds were down too much to create the slingshot draft. Worst Pocono raise I have seen in memory. It just goes to show this package works well at tracks where the racing was bad. On tracks that had good racing with the old package it sucks at

I've always loved cup races at Pocono... until today. I've never before complained about clean air dirty air or that passing was too difficult... until today. Bleh.

I saw a truly great race earlier this morning. Too much power, too little tire, desperately late braking, hard acceleration off the corners... MotoGP, and how Pocono used to be.

2 We turned the TV off with about 45 to go. Still don't know who won! Think it might be the 18. Was as boring as watching grass grow.
Betsy

4. One for each ticket I have sitting in front of me because we wussed out and didn't go. Turned out to be pretty nice over there weatherwise, but if I was going to pass up a race that I could have attended (and paid to) it would have been this one. To be fair, we woke up to pouring rain and the missus said she votes we don't go, and that's pretty much the deciding vote!

That was probably the worst race I ever saw live and I've seen over 100 cup races. Only thing that compares is a Jeff Gordon stinker at Dover in the mid to late 90s. It was a single file parade with almost no passing. Restarts are always cool at Pocono. It reminded me of Loudon in 2001 with restrictor plates.

I pray for changes for July....

FYI...
2018 R-F Race Ratings

Cup:

1. Bristol (4/15-4/16): 9.67
2. Phoenix (3/11): 8.62
3. Richmond (4/21): 8.22
4. Kansas (5/12): 8.10
5. Atlanta (2/25): 8.08
6. Dover (5/6): 7.98
7. Texas (4/8): 7.70
8. Martinsville (3/26): 7.45
9. Pocono (6/3): 7.40
10. Charlotte (5/27): 7.20
11. Fontana (3/18): 7.10
12. Daytona (2/18): 6.71
13. Talladega (4/29): 6.46
14. Las Vegas (3/4): 5.67

But it ain’t the package :rolleyes:

No rating as I listened to most on MRN, but it's bad when 10 laps into the race the MRN crowd is talking about how bad the package sucks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. Absolutely atrocious. Who thought it was a good idea to nerf the cars at a track that's basically just three straightaways?!

8.5, mostly because I just finished changing a flat tire and would have found a Bolivian Jarts quarterfinal entertaining. Maybe even curling. Or not.

I'm always inclined to give the Triangle a break. I like the strategy, the track, the setting, the cars fanning out, the Tunnel turn, the whole shebang. Yes, there have been better races there but I enjoyed this one today. Sorry to skew the final score. Or not, again.

7 Found it entertaining. KB seemed to have them covered but if they give him a good car he has the talent to win with it. Love or hate him, he's one of the best.

Back
Top Bottom