Rate The Cup Race: Pocono II

A yawner except watching Harvick trying to overcome obstacles...most of them due to his or his crew's own mistakes.

Kyle was lucky...third place car at best, probably a fifth place car. Harvick was the class of the field, that kid...err, what's his name...uhmm Elliot was surprisingly fast but not quite up to the speed of Harvick. The rest of the field was just middling at best.

Really did not like hearing on someone's radio that they would wait to follow their team mate...that is not what racing is supposed to be about. Sporadically his car appeared to be competitive in the 5 to 15 place of cars...but to purposely migrate to the mid twenties just to make sure the team mate was ahead of him is not racing.

For me, I rate on the overall race --- since I have no preferred driver, that doesn't enter into my ratings.
It's been a long-standing part of the 'Rate the Race' discussions that everyone is free to use her or his own personal criteria. I'm not going to tell anyone how to rate a race, but I admit confusion regarding including the TV broadcast quality as a factor. To me, that's rating a TV program that happens to be about racing, not rating the race itself.

It's been a long-standing part of the 'Rate the Race' discussions that everyone is free to use her or his own personal criteria. I'm not going to tell anyone how to rate a race, but I admit confusion regarding including the TV broadcast quality as a factor. To me, that's rating a TV program that happens to be about racing, not rating the race itself.
It can effect the rating, it has with me, I have had to turn down the sound and do other things like watch the leader board and glance at the TV. Especially this time of year with the group of jackalopes in the booth. Allen and Burton are apt to go off like a pack of hyenas finding a dead wilder beast.

I'll go 7, I missed the awesome part.
Probably due to not being there. I was and there was great racing at times 5th through 15th. Chase's drive to the lead was pretty good to watch too. Shame he blew that late restart so bad.

Back
Top Bottom