Rate The Cup Race: Richmond II

6. Good battle for about 15 laps between 2 and 18. Otherwise an extreme snoozer.

0*tMHO-IkLa3gWUsas.gif

6 pretty much a yawner, had to turn the sound off, it's just too much. Xfinity has a better car for this track IMO. The trucks would tear the place down.

Last night was much better.

5 if those idiots in the booth would shut up and take a breathe every once in awhile I would give it 5.5. Bottom line is the Racing was boring.

8.. A bunch of cars on stage two pit strategies to damn-near break even and get back on the lead lap at the end of the segment was super fun to watch.

Also, tons of clean, green flag racing was a very welcome sight. So damn fun to watch cars search for grip at this track but keep it going straight.

Edit: holy **** did we watch the same race?!

6.5 I feel Nascar has killed the excitement this race use to have being the last race before the chase.

I love short tracks( or shorter tracks) but this was no more higher than 6.5.
( nothing to do with the winner)

6.5 I feel Nascar has killed the excitement this race use to have being the last race before the chase.

There were snoozers long before this even. Richmond should have a day race again.

0 more drivers getting code words to crash on purpose to cause a yellow to prevent a fuel mileage race

8.0 Good race, not a great race. Comers and goers made this very interesting, with several epic side-by-side battles. Richmond is caught between a rock and a hard place... day races tend to be better, but can't pull a crowd in the daytime.

An IndyCar or F1 race that had this much wheel-to-wheel racing would garner a score of 11 (on a scale of 1 - 10), and would be legitimately called the race of the century. We Nascar fans are lucky that way..:)

20 gazillion. Winner comes from the back to the front on speed. Battles the hottest driver in the sport for the win. A pass for the win. This race had everything. Loved every second of it. Toyota extends its lead in the Manufacturers Standings to 5. Big night.

I thought Kyle would have used up his car moving through the field after starting in the back but he obviously managed it it well. The announcers noticed that Truex's rear brakes were glowing as bright as the front brakes of other cars an it occurred to me that's how they save the front brakes for the end of the race. The top drives finished in the front of the field and that impressed me. I was surprised to see Almirola up there, but I've noticed he has done much better this year.

I thought Kyle would have used up his car moving through the field after starting in the back but he obviously managed it it well. The announcers noticed that Truex's rear brakes were glowing as bright as the front brakes of other cars an it occurred to me that's how they save the front brakes for the end of the race. The top drives finished in the front of the field and that impressed me. I was surprised to see Almirola up there, but I've noticed he has done much better this year.

I do think that Kyle was a few laps from burning up his tires trying to pass Kez at the end. This made Harvick relevant despite what Childers was suggesting at the end of the race which is that he had the best car. He had nothing for Kyle all night.

7.5 Not the most exciting race but the cream rose to the top again.

Not many cautions, the best wound up up front, significant tire wear, more than enough good battles for position. Truex dominated for a good portion but towards the beginning and end there were good races for the lead going on.

I give it a 7.5. Good racing in moments during the stages then some great racing late. Gotta give KDB credit for his racing and managing of his car throughout. He wore down Kes without killing his own car.

Back
Top Bottom