Rate The Race: 2019 Daytona 500

9 loved it, not a train race like I expected. Hate seeing so many cars torn up but that part of Superspeedway racing.

9 Hated to see the wrecks at the end but overall it was a great race.
When Logano and Harvick immediately went to the highside on the first lap I cringed but it was awesome to see the bottom line overtake them and hold up throughout the race!

8, as it had plenty of racing and action. Kinda finished like the truck race but that’s what happens in tight quarters.

6... My least favorite form of stock car racing, so my ratings for plate races range from really low to medium (subject to a EIRI clause). This was a good plate race, so a good medium score from me.

10. What I got to see was awesome, which was pretty much all of the race except for the first 15 or so laps in the final stage. I am happy that the Cup series rolled off on a high note.

9.75 based on the fact no one was hurt. I thoroughly enjoyed the race. If that didn't keep your attention, you might wanna get your pacemaker checked. I'm ready for Atlanta!

10 TRD 1-2-3. Mic drop.

8 Despite how frustrating the last few laps were with several huge wrecks and two red flags that seemingly lasted forever
This race was fantastic until the wreck-fest.

7. Happy they decided to race today, but I am pretty sick of the wreckfesting. I'd be happy to move on to some normal style race tracks, but I'm pretty sure we are going to see some more of this ****.

Congrats to Denny. 2x 500 champ.

8.5 it would of been higher not for all the wrecking at the end.

7 Pretty good race for a 500 however I am no fan of wreck fests. The ending left a bad taste
in my mouth, almost as if it was all scripted as a salute to JD. It looks like Nascar is now team orders racing much like F1. If I am M&M's, I would be letting Joe Gibbs pay for this race.
I don't like Kyle BUT he sure got the shaft in this race and so did M&M .

7.5. I think we got lucky, yes it turned out to be a good race but you could see at points the freight train was starting then a caution would come out and bunch them back up if not for those early cautions it would have been a very different race, also I don't know what can be done but those last lap wrecks really take a lot out of it for me, but all in all a good race.

1Going to agree with Switchback. After watching the boring single line racing for hours, I felt like I just wasted my time watching what turned out to be 3 cars racing for the Daytona win.

8. The first 450 miles reminded of the Daytona I remember..... the last 50 miles was a slog of crashes and red flags

10. Damn good race. I hate Hamlin with a passion, but that was well worth the 9 hour drive.

Yall complain about single file.
Yall complain about them actually racing.
Yall complain about them wrecking because of them actually racing and not staying single file

Solution: single file s@$% racing for all of you.

10. Anyone claiming a single file race wasn't watching. Side by side, swapping positions, sometimes three wide racing all day long.Sure, there were moments where one line or the other would start to form a single file, but single car cautions put an end to them. Like @Team Penske the ending left a bad taste in my mouth, but otherwise, great race.

I was entertained. Glad I watched on delay and padded the recording by 90 minutes because that was a looooong race!

Ya know, I've changed my mind. I was holding the late race wrecks against this race. That's hypocritical when I said in the race discussion that restart wrecks can happen at any track, with any engine package, when the field is still bunched up.

8.0 Would have given it a higher rating except for the wrecks.

Thinking what will Atlanta be like with the new rules and supposed "pack racing" mentioned this week? One an only hope it will not be another crash fest.

6. The race was either extremely boring or extremely exciting with not much in-between. At least there were more high points than low points.

Back
Top Bottom