Rate The Race...Bristol

A

Awesome_Bill

Well Its that time again...The time to Rate the Race! Quick Reminder...1-10 :) depending on how much you enjoyed the race. So to start it off, I'll give Bristol 10:) . It was IMO the best race of the season. The action was great, the drivers were pissed, and the Racing was some of the best of the year.

I think i would give it a 9. Just bc Kyle was not able to get his lap back even if he did have a good enought car to.

I'd have to give it a 10 too. But I'm kinda partial to the ending.:D

OK, here we go. As Bristol races go, this was a dud. No lead changes to speak of, no pit/caution field inversion, no drama. I give it 5:D , and at least 482 :sniper: . Anyone wanna chance a guess at whom I am shooting? (insert Ben Stein voice) Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

I'll give it a 10..........and yeah, we all know how you are shooting!!:)

BTW........my guy didn't win either.:smileyb:

10!! Best race of the year, actually, it is the only full race that I watched all year long.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
(As I open beer number 14)  Sawed off little runt

Number 14? That bad TWF? I'm working on maybe number 12 and I'm feeling pretty good......guess I should stop here so I don't get all PO'd like you.:) Isn't Ward a little shorter than Jr? Who's the sawed off runt?:D

You two!!!

Well, I'd love to give the race a 10 because it certainly earned it. But, since DJ went out fairly early ( I know, of his own doing), I can only give it a 9+. LOL Actually, loved the action on the track in the cars and out. I'll bet you the Nascar red truck was the busiest place there. Conveyer belt like walk ways, roped off. IN the front door, pay your fine on the way, a little "hot tongue and grumble soup" and out the back. ROFL

I'll give it maybe a 5 or 6. One of the best parts of the race is when Marlin was shown dragging his jack through the pits. Another good part is when Johnson was being interviewed and said Robby always blames someone else when something happens. Then we got to listen to the in car communications where Robby is being told he is being held for 2 laps and he says something like " For what? I didn't do anything, he missed a gear". The number 1 move of the night is when Ward made an excellent shot at Jr.'s car.
As for the racing, not many different leaders, which was fine since JG was one of the ones I was pulling for. I've never had a problem with "any" driver going for a bump and run for a win, which means the final laps. It's one of those races that NASCAR loves to show the dramatics and the cautions fly. I will never be able to understand why lapped cars insist on bumping and banging. I mean what was Robbie doing? Not just on the lap that he got penalized for but it seems like during a lot of this race he was "active". Just part of Bristol racing I guess, but sometimes things can be overkill. I got tired of sitting there waiting for the cautions to end so I could watch some racing. If you like a race filled with cautions this is the track for you.
Spencer's pit strategy was great. He ran a good race. Benson also. Rusty was his old self again, was great seeing him run like he used to. Brought back some good memories. Felt bad for what occured with DJ. The maddest I got tonight was over Ward. I knew he was going to be ticked. I knew what was coming. Last year he threw his helmet at Nadeau's car. Jr.'s in car communication sounded a bit like Robby's when he was explaing what happened with Ward. Jr. was doing the Bristol mad man's racing tonight, even to his team mate Mikey. Lapped cars played a big part tonight in a lot of the events that occured. Some seemed to move out of the way to let the lead cars by others acted like they weren't lapped cars at all. Think something was said in the drivers meeting again about the lapped cars are supposed to move. Some did, some didn't.

Seven and a half :) 's

Certainly not the best race I've ever seen but close to the best of the year (my first love is road courses) so far but Richmond and Martinsville are just around the corner. Richmond is almost the perfect track for the nascar spec cars, and Martinsville is much harder to find the handle at.

Bristol (due to nascars meddling with the aero stuff) is now a one groove racetrack. Oh gosh, aren't they all? The only outside passes (that I noticed) of the night was Little E in the first turn, and Kurt for the lead later in the race. Mighta been others of lapped cars, but side by side was out of the question. Bump and run, jump on the frieght train, or pass em in the pits was about the only around anybody. Sad.

But all in all, about the best that can be expected under today's rules. Thank God for ASA.

Bristol being my favorite track. I was highly disappointed with the race tonight. Glad I didn't pay money to see it. The most exciting thing was watching TWF get excited over the crap with Ward and Junior. He woke my 9 year old up. BTW, she thought it was BS also. Her opinion of Junior got less tonight. She who thought he was "cute" now says she dislikes him as much as she dislikes Harvick. We are getting her eyes checked on the cuteness of Junior. So my rating on the race would be 5 1/2.

I am not a fan of Gordon but it was nice to see him finally break his losing streak. He does put on a good show in victory lane.

Feel asleep the last 100 laps,That tell you anything.I give it a 5 at best.So damn many commercials as usual,and my guys had some bad luck,in dodging the idiots.Maybe I might be a bit one sided.Congrts.to Jeff Gordon fans ,and CutiePie. :)

I gave it a 10 but after reading others' thoughts here, I wonder if my view of the race was skewed by the fast-forward button that kept my experience nearly commercial free.

Guess I'll have to watch it again. :)

Originally posted by 71Fan
yea he does :D

:smileyb: 71fan THAT is by far the best picture that has been posted in here. That made my day!:leap: :leap:

At least a 9. The endless commercials and caution flags took away from what was some excellent beatin' and bangin'. The bump n' run and of course the outcome was really awesome. I also enjoyed the post-race interviews. But then, I am a huge fan of Jeff Gordon and of short track racing.

I give it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D . Too many commercials. I would have liked to see them follow up on some stories or show some pit stops sometimes instead of just going to commercial with all the cautions. Also, there wasn't as many lead changes as I expected for Bristol.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 10 for an awsome race.WOW what a race!!! Definitly the best Nascar race i have watched this year. Tons and tons of crashes and Jeff Gordon off his losing streak now! So i will admit that i was wrong in saying that he wouldnt win this year so i hope to see him hard in the points chase!

:) :) :) :) :) .....Just not enough side by side stuff!A little dull by Bristol standards.The theatrics seemed almost for the benefit of the crowd!Forced excitement.Just not the best Bristol race I have seen.

I think that the tempers kinda made up for the dull racing for me.

Forgot to mention The National Anthem.

Give it another half smiley just for that. THAT my friends is what America's short tracks are all about, and something that nascar seems to be forgetting.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom