RATE THE RACE: Chicago

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Race: 5.
Winner: 10 (amazing how much better he drives when he doesn't let Jenna Fryer get in his head)
ESPN: 10 (NASCAR Nonstop FTW)

Soooo, I missed it. But I'm confused. I swear, reading the race thread at word, it sounded like a hell of a race. I think I even mentioned that y'all kept me riveted for a while there.

But now the race itself is getting low grades from everyone.

Well, the MRN "make it sound exciting" award goes to racing-forums.com then, for making it look like a good race for those of us who couldn't:D watch it.

Soooo, I missed it. But I'm confused. I swear, reading the race thread at word, it sounded like a hell of a race. I think I even mentioned that y'all kept me riveted for a while there.

But now the race itself is getting low grades from everyone.

Well, the MRN "make it sound exciting" award goes to racing-forums.com then, for making it look like a good race for those of us who couldn't:D watch it.

VD. This race was full of good racing and lead changes. I have not watched it on TV yet but I will tomorrow night. IMO this race was as good as the last Atlanta race.

I give it a 10.

I would give the race a SOLID 9, maybe even a 9.5!

It was full of action and strategy. And I was quite happy with the outcome, too!

Maybe it is because I had to wait so long for it, but I liked it and will give it a 7.5

I only experienced it on the radio and on NASCAR.com's Raceview. I thought the race was very good. I listened to various Chase drivers throughout the race and it was entertaining. I mostly followed my guy and his crew struggling with a 15th place car and their attempts to fix it all afternoon. He worked his way up to sixth by the end of that thing and was awarded 3 more positions by other crews miscalculations. A 3rd isn't a bad way to start these final 10.

22 lead changes among 10 drivers. 8 of which are in the Chase. Not bad @ all.

Race 7
Finish 8

I wonder how many of these races are judged not on how the race was...but on how their favorite car did.

A very high percentage I'd say.

...if you ignore the reasons people gave. Boring, zero excitement, fuel mileage, ect.

When guys are half throttle, it's hard to even call it a race. Sometimes it's exciting when one or 2 guys stayed out and your watching the fast cars reel them in. This wasn't one of those times.

By the way, Brad did much better than expected because it turned to fuel conservation.

Had it's moments, but not a race I'll remember much from, other than Stewart winning and the fuel milage issues @ the end.

As a Stewart fan who didn't even see the race I will have to give it a 10+ :beerbang:

Whatever happened in the race is not important.

Tony won...and as long as nobody got killed...it was a fair race and the best man won :p

Back
Top Bottom