Rate the Race : Daytona 500

I'll give her an 8... Quite a long lull but wow that last 20 laps. Holy crap.

On a scale of 1-42. 1 being great, 42 being terrible.

It was a 42 (since that's the place Tony finished)

7 Pretty clean race, didn't turn into a wreckfest.. I'm sorry, three wide with all everybody is doing is keeping it wide open for 2 miles isn't my kind of racing. Glad the season is here and glad for Atlanta next week, hope it isn't snowing.

Over hyped and lack of Busch brothers made this one a dull day, I am glad its over and the real racing can begin

I give it an 8. Race was pretty standard until the last 20. Glad to see Ford sweep the weekend. Really glad Logano winning was not some luck deal. He was up front all day and had to work hard to win it.

Hated to see Gordon get wrecked that late in the game.

The first 180 laps, I'd give it a 3 The last 20 laps, 10. The G-W-C, I give a big bag of manure.

LRtZonc.gif

Restrictor plate racing just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I look forward to seeing a bunch of tires getting eaten up at Atlanta next week though.

7. Was going to be an epic finish had that last caution not come out. Middle or the race and GWC were snoozers.

8, good race but nothing spectacular, first time 500 winner is always nice. I kinda wanted them to NOT throw the caution on the final lap as well, however, all week no one could even pass off turn 4, and Logano was pulling away.

8/10...3 wide racing for the lead was awesome....should have let them race back to the line...and tony finishing 42nd just makes me :( i don't think he'll ever win the big one...

I decided not to hit the mute button and listen to the broadcast and was pleasantly surprised. Fox gets an 8.5.

The first 170 laps get a 2.5 and the last 30 get a 10.

was over-hyped by tv guys........but ya gotta admit .....3 wide for that long was pretty amazing show of skill !

7 .. too many laps of follow the leader in the early to mid part of the race. Caution thrown on the last lap... yesterday's finish was much more exciting.

As always - A 10 for a plate SHOW !

On a personal note, hated Matt got bent, but, hay it is a restrictor plate lottery show at best, really not much "Race" to it.

7. It's amazing at the crap luck Tony has at Daytona. After he wrecked out I was pretty bummed out till the insane 3-wide that last 18/20 laps. NASCAR needs to decide: Either let the field race back to the line on the white flag, or do another GWC. I'm fine with either as long as the race finishes under green.

Listened to the first 3/4 of the race on MRN radio, but the last 1/4 of the race I saw was an 8.

The end was a disappointment, but I loved the three-wide racing.

Back
Top Bottom