Rate The Race: Kansas II

The TV broadcast was crappy and my driver may have gotten knocked out of the championship and yet I'll give the race a solid 8.75.

7. The racing was decent, what they showed us anyway. My drivers got beat TF up though and that hurts! The last 3 outta 4 races have killed me.

Easy course , cars bunched up with a lot of cautions , should rate 7 's and 8's from the fans .

6.5 as the race was far from awful but nowhere near a great one either. I liked that all the cautions were legit and that Shrub couldn't keep up on new tires but the broadcast itself was awful. Obviously the guys in the booth are not really watching as at one point the remark was made that JLo was closing in on JJ when JJ had just passed him and was pulling away. They missed a R/F tire that exploded on a car that was the direct cause of a caution and they all must breathe through their ears as they won't shut up and yammer on like 13 year old girls. They are repetitive and masters of the obvious and I am sure it turns off more than just me.

6.5 as the race was far from awful but nowhere near a great one either. I liked that all the cautions were legit and that Shrub couldn't keep up on new tires but the broadcast itself was awful. Obviously the guys in the booth are not really watching as at one point the remark was made that JLo was closing in on JJ when JJ had just passed him and was pulling away. They missed a R/F tire that exploded on a car that was the direct cause of a caution and they all must breathe through their ears as they won't shut up and yammer on like 13 year old girls. They are repetitive and masters of the obvious and I am sure it turns off more than just me.
amen, they are awful.

8. Some good battles for the lead throughout the race. Some borderline cautions but none for no reason at all.

10. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. My TRD powered Toyota drivers didn't. Great race. Kyle lurking.

Last edited:
I thought Kenseth might have dominated but Harvick saved his season. And Dillon seems to be winning the beard contest (a lot of drivers seem to be doing the playoff stubble).

Happy for Happy, :) Truex? What happened with the fuel system? Shrub always upbeat in the post race interview when he gets his butt handed to him, by a team mate no less!! Baawaaawaaa

6.5 the racing just wan't that good but it wasn't bad either. It seemed like they were having troubles passing each other again and the outside line was the only way to pass.

Happy for Happy, :) Truex? What happened with the fuel system? Shrub always upbeat in the post race interview when he gets his butt handed to him, by a team mate no less!! Baawaaawaaa

I didn't hear Shub's interview but I suspect he was as cheerful and upbeat as ever. I was disappointed that Shrub raced Carl as long as he did as Shrub didn't have the horse yesterday and Carl might have so letting the 19 go would have been the best thing, IMO.

Race was decent, announcers are pitiful so "mute mode" again. Watched about 1/4 of it between the NFL and channel swapping back and forth. Jeff Burton may be a nice guy but I really cant stand to listen to any of them anymore. Good day, my NFL team won and so did a Chevy.

8.5. A lot of hard racing, a lot of side-by-side, and drivers had multiple grooves. There were lots of drivers on the razor's edge. Good stuff. I'd have rated it higher had there been a different winner. The broadcast was awful, but I refrain from downgrading the race rating for that.

With all the bad comments about the booth, I wonder if Fox and NBC would give any thought
to changing the producer and the booth? Do they have long term contracts or yearly?

Race was decent, announcers are pitiful so "mute mode" again. Watched about 1/4 of it between the NFL and channel swapping back and forth. Jeff Burton may be a nice guy but I really cant stand to listen to any of them anymore. Good day, my NFL team won and so did a Chevy.

I think the first order of business is to quit stating the obvious and the second is if you are not sure about something that happened don't go off on a tangent that may be completely incorrect and condescending. STOP IT WITH CUT LINES AND WHERE WOULD DRIVERS BE IF THE RACE ENDED NOW. If people are really interested in that crap make an app for it and have them check their phone for it. Silence is golden and sometimes just watching the cars go round and round is all we need.

I think the first order of business is to quit stating the obvious and the second is if you are not sure about something that happened don't go off on a tangent that may be completely incorrect and condescending. STOP IT WITH CUT LINES AND WHERE WOULD DRIVERS BE IF THE RACE ENDED NOW. If people are really interested in that crap make an app for it and have them check their phone for it. Silence is golden and sometimes just watching the cars go round and round is all we need.
You are in for one tough Sunday afternoon this week. A Talladega elimination race will be stacked end to end with 'If the race ended now' phrases. That and colors only found in the likes of a Crayola Box will make up the scrolling leaderboard this week.

I must not pay close enough attention to the talking heads week in and week out. Nobody with the exception of Ol' DW scratches my chalkboard on Sunday afternoons. The NFL broadcasts..... Well, that's a different story. They've got plenty of DW's on those NFL broadcasting networks.

This is a great idea. For the one fan out there who wants 'points as they run,' NBC can create an app. Advertise it at the beginning of the race: "For those who want constant points updates that are completely meaningless because of what might happen the rest of the race, download our app."

You are in for one tough Sunday afternoon this week. A Talladega elimination race will be stacked end to end with 'If the race ended now' phrases. That and colors only found in the likes of a Crayola Box will make up the scrolling leaderboard this week.

I must not pay close enough attention to the talking heads week in and week out. Nobody with the exception of Ol' DW scratches my chalkboard on Sunday afternoons. The NFL broadcasts..... Well, that's a different story. They've got plenty of DW's on those NFL broadcasting networks.

I definitely think that I will have to have the sound down and my shades on to protect my ears and eyes from this weekend's assault lol. It is amazing how different people can see and hear things differently as I like the FOX broadcasts and DW doesn't bother me at all but his brother is another story.

I definitely think that I will have to have the sound down and my shades on to protect my ears and eyes from this weekend's assault lol. It is amazing how different people can see and hear things differently as I like the FOX broadcasts and DW doesn't bother me at all but his brother is another story.

Back in the day we used to turn the TV sound down for football games and listen to the radio (the radio coverage was better). Try listening to MRN (Motorsports Radio Network) or stream it on the internet. The MRN team is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom