Rate The Race: Kansas

I'll go a 7. Not as bad as some are saying, but too many wrecks and not enough going on up front.

2 innitially than that finish with decent green runs bumped it up to 4.

I really cant rate it. By cautions I give it a 10.

7ish ....Too busy bringing wood into the garage for the woodstove ,so on the snowy days I don't have to go outside and freeze my arse off .

8.5, damn near a 9.

An emotional roller coaster.

I also thought it was a pretty good race except too many caution.

Will give it an 8.

Spinner drops further back in the race. Soon he will be back to 10th.

Ehh, this race was a 5 at best. I was pretty bored with it for the most part. The restarts were entertaining at times but there were far too many cautions for me. It was ridiculous.

Thankfully, the race thread was entertaining as usual.

Wow, I'm the minority here. Can't go more than a 5, even though one of my guys got a top 5 and Matt is still the point leader.
I learned a lot from Gordon's post race press session. These track owners need to either leave the racing surface alone or get more feedback from the drivers and evaluate different options regarding the texture of the racing surface. A super smooth racing surface combined with the aerodynamic characteristics of the racecar are killing passing and side-by-side racing. I thought the reason that there was no grip was because Goodyear brought a crap tire. I got a little education from Jeff Gordon regarding track surface.

I had a good time with the gang watching it, horse laughing a lot. Good positive bunch was here today. The Gordon fans were great. 8

I learned a lot from Gordon's post race press session. These track owners need to either leave the racing surface alone or get more feedback from the drivers and evaluate different options regarding the texture of the racing surface. A super smooth racing surface combined with the aerodynamic characteristics of the racecar are killing passing and side-by-side racing. I thought the reason that there was no grip was because Goodyear brought a crap tire. I got a little education from Jeff Gordon regarding track surface.
Same here, Bobby. I never even gave the track surface a thought. But what he said made really good sense.

I'll give it a 5. These cars need some changes made so they can race each other.

Wow, I'm the minority here. Can't go more than a 5, even though one of my guys got a top 5 and Matt is still the point leader.
Yeah Jeff took us to school. On the other end of the scale is Indy where the surface is so rough Goodyear had a fiasco there. There should be a machine made to rough them up a bit, they did that at Bristol to take a lane away, they should be able to do less and make a good surface to run on. No wait..that would make too much sense probably.

Maybe they could find a little real estate somewhere where the track owners could get together with Goodyear, the drivers and some paving experts and test out some different paving options.

It would probably be expensive as hell but not nearly as expensive as having to repave several racetracks because the current repave is counter-productive to competitive stock car racing.
:idunno: Dunno, I'm just throwing something out there. I never really considered that a fresh repaved racing surface could have limited grip.
That Jeff Gordon is one smart guy :D

A friend and I were talking about Jeff's comments about track surface. We said they ought to throw seashells in the paving mix ---- make the surface like the Darlington of old. :D

I'll go with a 7. The track surface/ new tire combo kept me on the edge of my seat not knowing what was gonna happen next.
The downside was everytime that next thing happened it brought out a yellow.
That Kyle Busch interview cracked me up, He really seems to think it was everyone elses fault.

5 only cuz of the tire mystery. Otherwise still a bland 1.5 aero push race.

It would probably be expensive as hell but not nearly as expensive as having to repave several racetracks because the current repave is counter-productive to competitive stock car racing.
:idunno: Dunno, I'm just throwing something out there. I never really considered that a fresh repaved racing surface could have limited grip.
If nothing else, he turned the spotlight on the track surface, the press will become surface experts by Monday, and it will all roll uphill to the France Family who right now has sister France redecorating Daytona. I don't think it will go away once the seed is planted. Might turn out to be another angle to help out the 1.5's.

If nothing else, he turned the spotlight on the track surface, the press will become surface experts by Monday, and it will all roll uphill to the France Family who right now has sister France redecorating Daytona. I don't think it will go away once the seed is planted. Might turn out to be another angle to help out the 1.5's.

That'll teach France and NASCAR for holding Jeff against his will. :D

Solid 8, as well.

These guys just seemed really racy today to me and I saw a lot more take than give. That always makes things more interesting.
Thoroughly entertaining.

Glad to see the three drivers walk away from their respective head on hits into the wall.

Can't complain about a Chevy in victory lane, either.
Congrats to Harvick. You earned it.

9.9999999999 (only thing I didn't like was the winner) .. one of the best in a while... it kinda sucks that the best races are the ones with tonnes of cautions but I love me a good restart and mixed bag of strategy.

Any time the drivers don't like the race I tend to like it even more. I like that they had a tough time with the tires. Some were able to handle it and others drove beyond what they could handle. Good race. Kept me interested throughout.

They had to drive the track this time. From what was said by one of the announcers the RCR cars hit the sweet spot of their power band. I was annoyed with the announcers when Menard was running 3rd, they didn't even mention him, they talked about the cars in front and behind him like he wasn't there - that's a bright yellow car. The difference at JGR was Matt taking his "evilish" car had and bringing it home; Kyle tempted the edge that put him in the back and got caught up in an incident (his post wreck interview showed how much he has matured).It looked like Gordon and Kurt Bush had a honest discussion after the race, I know its none of our business but it would have been interesting to hear how they described what bothered them (I'm glad the camera kept a respectful distance so they could work it out w/o interference from the media).

They had to drive the track this time. From what was said by one of the announcers the RCR cars hit the sweet spot of their power band. I was annoyed with the announcers when Menard was running 3rd, they didn't even mention him, they talked about the cars in front and behind him like he wasn't there - that's a bright yellow car. The difference at JGR was Matt taking his "evilish" car had and bringing it home; Kyle tempted the edge that put him in the back and got caught up in an incident (his post wreck interview showed how much he has matured).It looked like Gordon and Kurt Bush had a honest discussion after the race, I know its none of our business but it would have been interesting to hear how they described what bothered them (I'm glad the camera kept a respectful distance so they could work it out w/o interference from the media).

Menard had an excellent run , Burton was in the top ten for a while too. I think that it was the kind of track that Smoke might have liked as well. Nice to see the results in the drivers' hands .

9.9999999999 (only thing I didn't like was the winner) .. one of the best in a while... it kinda sucks that the best races are the ones with tonnes of cautions but I love me a good restart and mixed bag of strategy.
Restarts are about all I like about mile and a halfs

Has anybody a link to Gordons interview please.
Thanks
Ozz

Any time the drivers don't like the race I tend to like it even more. I like that they had a tough time with the tires. Some were able to handle it and others drove beyond what they could handle. Good race. Kept me interested throughout.
That's how I am with movie critics. If they give a movie a bad review, then I will probably love it.:D

I fired up the 'ol PC and found this:

Thanks again for the link Bobby.
I've been flat out like a lizard drinking and only now have had time to watch it.
By the way. Bathurst is on down here this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom