Rate The Race: Kentucky

I'll give it a 3 based on what I saw and heard on prn. It's bad when even prn is telling you it's boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looked like two cars had the track figured out; one ran up front and the other passed the field a couple times. I thought the last caution was going to cost Truex, I don't like how the GWC works, Truex deserved to win. But I do like the stage points, it rewards drivers like Truex who run up front the whole race.

10. I always love watching everyone cry and moan when Truex whipped their drivers azz and they start making excuses why Truex is not an elite driver.

I am part of everyone and the poor quality of last night's race didn't have anything to do with the 78 team excelling and if anything I give credit to the entire organization for preparing a car a monkey could get a top 10 in.

Have to say 6. The restarts at the stages made it good. The longest stage at the end saw little drama.

I am part of everyone and the poor quality of last night's race didn't have anything to do with the 78 team excelling and if anything I give credit to the entire organization for preparing a car a monkey could get a top 10 in.

read the race thread they are a bunch of people in there saying Truex is not an elite driver and its all car.

read the race thread they are a bunch of people in there saying Truex is not an elite driver and its all car.
well he put it all over Kyle Damn Bush on two restarts and he is supposed to be one of the best there is.

I Like Truex and think he gets hated on here for no reason and he one of the nicest guys in Nascar.

Unless you are a fan of the dominant driver, everyone hates the dominant guy.

The current consensus is that Truex couldn't drive a screw through wood. That a chimpanzee could wheel the 78 car to victory lane. The same things were said for years about Jimmie and the 48 team.

I'm not remotely saying that MTJ is on Jimmie's level. I'm just saying that everyone likes the bitch about the guy they can't beat.

Just imagine this board if Kyle Busch did what MTJ did last night.

Truex is not an elite driver but a good journeyman that is benefiting from having a car set up on rails for him. If you believe that Truex is an elite driver I definitely won't try and change your mind though.

It is possible that theTruex bunch is like JJ and Chad. Truex reminds me of Johnson, never going to stick out much, minds his own business on the track etc.

4 I like Truex but he really stunk up the show. Larson making way up through the field was about the only good racing. But to be fair, I think any race that comes after Daytona or Talledega is going to be a little boring.

I would go a 5. They at least found some cars that were racing for position.
I felt the stage bs made it feel anticlimactic.
Lots of talk about who was going to win it: then a caution and more racing.

I Like Truex and think he gets hated on here for no reason and he one of the nicest guys in Nascar.

Truex didn't get any hate on here until he started complaining about other drivers racing him hard, and when he roughed up Larson at Dover because Larson wouldn't pull over and give him the lead in the final 20 laps of a stage.

As for the belief that Truex isn't an elite driver, I mean, he went from being a guy who only won a race every few years to having some of the most dominant performances in NASCAR history over the past two years. I think that's the thing here.

Not taking anything away from Truex, I think that has more to do with the Gen-6 car. For a few years, Kevin Harvick was far and away superior to the rest of the field and nobody could touch him. Now, Truex is far and away superior to the rest of the field and nobody can touch him. I guess the difference is that Harvick has contended for wins and championships his entire career with several different crew chiefs, so nobody doubts that he's elite (and even then, this forum was saying Harvick was only winning because of Rodney Childers:rolleyes:), whereas Truex was never much of a factor in the big picture until last year.

3 beers, two slices of pizza and plenty of time to visit with family before a long vacation = 6.

I thought it was a reasonable 6.5 from an in person perspective. Truex was so far and away better than anyone else and he still had to fight for the win at the end. Sometimes cars get hooked up and run away with it. I thought there was enough cautions, accidents to shake things up without the race suffering from a real long green flag run borefest. Last year's race was definitely better but other than Truex having the best car there was quite a bit going on imo.

I will say Kentucky is an excellent place to attend the race. Everything about the facility is excellent. I do plan on going again next year. The weekend after the 4th is one of the best weekend's to travel during the summer.

Last edited:
3 worst race I seen all year and my driver won that says something about how awful it was

Not sure where to post this, mods move if necessary. I rated this race a 3, first time I have went to Kentucky. I have been a fan since 1985, been to probably over 50 races in person,I live in Gatlinburg, Tn. It took 4.5 hours to get to the track and the venue was nice enough, race started at 745 and in 3 hours it was over, there was a lap 30 comp caution, first stage caution lap 80. Then it takes 8 laps for Nascar to score the teams , blow the track and start racing again. Stage 2 ends at lap 160, 6-8 laps later the race starts again, the only time the whole race seemed to have any flow to it. There is not enough green flag racing in a 400 mile race, I paid $60 for a ticket to the Coke 600 and paid $80 for a 400 mile race that seemed chopped up and certainly didn't seem to gat my time or monies worth. Despite the one groove racing surface and very limited passing up front I can live with, but Nascar does a poor job after each stage getting the race going, last week at Daytona there were several quickie yellows after cautions, seems they could shorten these stage cautions in half. I know I'm just venting so I will conclude by saying I will not go to another 400 mile race, I can't imagine why anyone would want anything short of 500 miles or laps depending on the length of track.

I think that has more to do with the Gen-6 car.

Not sure it's the car so much as this package. There are many variables that go into performance. The one that is constantly changing is the rules package.

10. Enjoyed every second of it. I love a blow out. Fabulous performance by MTJ, Cole Pearn, FRR, and TRD. When a race turns into a contest of the fastest car, and best team performance, it should be respected. I would be willing to bet that this forum would rate a no-hitter in baseball a 1. Unfortunate.

Not sure where to post this, mods move if necessary. I rated this race a 3, first time I have went to Kentucky. I have been a fan since 1985, been to probably over 50 races in person,I live in Gatlinburg, Tn. It took 4.5 hours to get to the track and the venue was nice enough, race started at 745 and in 3 hours it was over, there was a lap 30 comp caution, first stage caution lap 80. Then it takes 8 laps for Nascar to score the teams , blow the track and start racing again. Stage 2 ends at lap 160, 6-8 laps later the race starts again, the only time the whole race seemed to have any flow to it. There is not enough green flag racing in a 400 mile race, I paid $60 for a ticket to the Coke 600 and paid $80 for a 400 mile race that seemed chopped up and certainly didn't seem to gat my time or monies worth. Despite the one groove racing surface and very limited passing up front I can live with, but Nascar does a poor job after each stage getting the race going, last week at Daytona there were several quickie yellows after cautions, seems they could shorten these stage cautions in half. I know I'm just venting so I will conclude by saying I will not go to another 400 mile race, I can't imagine why anyone would want anything short of 500 miles or laps depending on the length of track.

Thank you for posting your comments as it is good to hear from someone who has seen the changes from an at track experience. So far Nascar has been deaf to the complaints about not counting stage caution laps and next year they will no doubt add more stages to several races. I don't blame you for not wanting to return to Kentucky or similar length events as you have to weigh the value of your time and money against the worth of the product you receive. Unfortunately for hundreds of thousands of people there is not value in attending live Nascar events.

I actually liked the stages in person. Much better than watching them on TV. Gave me a chance to get up and get a beer and smoke a cigarette and bull**** with a few people. If there's anything to complain about I think its Kentucky Speedways PA system. Its just not that good and can barely be heard during a caution where I was setting.

10. Enjoyed every second of it. I love a blow out. Fabulous performance by MTJ, Cole Pearn, FRR, and TRD. When a race turns into a contest of the fastest car, and best team performance, it should be respected. I would be willing to bet that this forum would rate a no-hitter in baseball a 1. Unfortunate.

I disagree with a pitcher flirting with a no no as the potential exists for him to give up a hit right up until the last batter he faces. There is always tension and the tension ratchets up the deeper you get into the game.

In Nascar a car that is the class of the field just checks out and even manufactured restarts don't slow it down. Of course anything can happen as the dominant car could run into some sort of trouble but it normally doesn't happen and even if it did a lot of people have already moved on to something else. A leader checking out in Nascar is more akin to a blowout in the NFL where a team is leading 21-0 with 10 minutes to go in the first quarter.

I actually liked the stages in person. Much better than watching them on TV. Gave me a chance to get up and get a beer and smoke a cigarette and bull**** with a few people. If there's anything to complain about I think its Kentucky Speedways PA system. Its just not that good and can barely be heard during a caution where I was setting.

Please don't take this as a veiled insult or any kind of swipe against you but from what you have said in the past there really isn't anything Nascar is doing that is anyway problematic for you. Based upon that it doesn't surprise me that you liked the KY race and didn't have any issues other than a minor one with the PA system. Cheers!

Please don't take this as a veiled insult or any kind of swipe against you but from what you have said in the past there really isn't anything Nascar is doing that is anyway problematic for you. Based upon that it doesn't surprise me that you liked the KY race and didn't have any issues other than a minor one with the PA system. Cheers!

Just being realistic. Stage racing is great for people that are at the track in my opinion. Yeah alot of things NASCAR has done I agree with. They've done a hell of job making changes to suit me, now if they could only find 100,000 of me they'd be alright. That PA ordeal though is not minor, I didn't even know we were going to a green white checkered.

Just being realistic. Stage racing is great for people that are at the track in my opinion. Yeah alot of things NASCAR has done I agree with. They've done a hell of job making changes to suit me, now if they could only find 100,000 of me they'd be alright. That PA ordeal though is not minor, I didn't even know we were going to a green white checkered.

I really appreciate you taking my post in the spirit I meant it in and I agree 100% that Nascar could used boatloads of fans just like you that enjoy the series the way that it is. I have not been to a track for 7-8 years now but I don't think I have ever been to one where the PA system was more than an annoyance as for me it just added noise I could not understand.

I really appreciate you taking my post in the spirit I meant it in and I agree 100% that Nascar could used boatloads of fans just like you that enjoy the series the way that it is. I have not been to a track for 7-8 years now but I don't think I have ever been to one where the PA system was more than an annoyance as for me it just added noise I could not understand.

It wasn't a big problem and it doesn't need to be much louder but I heard it fine during cautions during the Xfinity race but not during Cup. Actually took my older brother who doesn't watch NASCAR anymore and said he'd probably get back into after going to the race.

I've been to a ton of races myself, just about 100, and while I get what you're saying in terms "bang for your buck" I still feel a NASCAR race is good ROI. I attended Dover and Pocono when they were both 500 milers and now that they're 400 milers I don't feel "short changed". Although, I would be perfectly happy if each track with 2 dates did a 400/500 mile combo. Pocono wanted to do it but TV/NASCAR said no. As for Kentucky, I paid $60 for my ticket and got a great view of the entire track, free parking, brought in water and ice tea and bought two beers at the track and a soft pretzel at the track. I went last year and loved it so I made sure I came back this year. I was thoroughly entertained for the night. Will I return next year? I have every intention to but things change. It's the perfect summer weekend for me to get away.

The weather was absolutely perfect too. I hate the heat so Saturday was about a perfect an early July night you'll get in Northern Kentucky. I really think Kentucky as a facility does a great job of making it fan friendly. It reminds me of a smaller Pocono in terms of the vibe of place.

Back
Top Bottom