Rate the Race - Las Vegas

I'll go a 5. So much frustration watching faster cars stuck behind slower ones because the slow guy is on the top side.

Plus, All of my picks sucked balls.

LRtZonc.gif

Gordon gained what? 6 spots in the standings? I'll give it that.

NASCAR seems to be going legit this year and letting races run their courses. They did throw a phony caution for that tire but other than that, OK race for a Las Vegas race.

I think Johnson and Logano had something for Harvick and it would have been a closer race. But that's racing. 7

5, this engine/aero package isn't working
NASCAR is run by idiots. Last year was one of the most competitive in history and yet they decide to waste the team's money and go to a different package anyway.

Seems like Hendricks and SHR are the early adapters to the new rules package.

As always, a 10

My man Matt had a good top 10 finish :) and Larson also had a top 10.

Harvick dang sure was Freaky Fast when he wanted to be, man he had a hotrod.

Lots of slippen and sliden, all good. This is really showcasing who has the talent behind the wheel, with the new less down force, less HP package this year.

Given a little more time a few more will emerge.

The cream is coming to the top with this type racing, driving is way more important with the new rules and that is the way it should be, in the drivers hand.

Last edited:

Nothing special. Decent race for a 1.5 miler. As always it's a decent race from about 6th on back.

NASCAR can change the rules all they want. They can cut HP, they can add track bars and gizmos and send out the company jock sniffers to hype up the results. But at the end of the day, the same problem remains: too many damn 1.5 identical tracks, and a racecar that just doesn't race well. The COT/Gen 6 just isn't a good product.

We get it Gordon/Jimmie fans, the races are a 0 unless your guys win. For every other fan, I'd say it was about a 6. Same as Atlanta

Nothing special. Decent race for a 1.5 miler. As always it's a decent race from about 6th on back.

NASCAR can change the rules all they want. They can cut HP, they can add track bars and gizmos and send out the company jock sniffers to hype up the results. But at the end of the day, the same problem remains: too many damn 1.5 identical tracks, and a racecar that just doesn't race well. The COT/Gen 6 just isn't a good product.
I respectfully disagree with the bolded. I've said this before, but I think that overall we've seen some of the best racing we've ever seen over the last few years. I think that as fans, we've been spoiled by that and by the many close, exciting finishes we've had, and now anything less than that is a snoozefest. We've had two races in a row where it's gone green to the end and the leader has had a huge gap on the second place car. That doesn't happen very often nowadays.

I'm not convinced that this new package was even necessary or that it's had a positive effect on anything yet, but it's still pretty early in the season. As bored as I was with today's race, every race can't be a classic.

absolutely pathetic non race mile and a half crap
left a morning shoot early for this crap :(

Kasey Kahne said it best earlier this year, the teams just build more downforce into the cars, that's just what they do.

Idk what NASCAR can do other than making the teams run with like a 1" rear spoiler and putting holes in the front ends to take downforce away.

Don't get all the whining about the car..never do though. There was plenty of passing/racing, just not much for the lead spot. Go suck a football and wait for the season to begin. The racing is good.

Back
Top Bottom