Rate The Race: Loudon 1

I don't understand this either. Why is there a competition caution when we have stages? Do we really need to coddle these teams that much?

Nascar likes as many stoppages and restarts as possible so I think we will see early cautions as part of many races so the unprepared can improve and Nascar gets more restarts. I think most races will migrate to 4-6 controlled stoppages.

Essentially every other racing series in the world schedules a pre-race warm up session. Nascar doesn't do that, because drivers, owners, and some other team personnel are busy with sponsors, fans, and media in the hours before the start. So Nascar inserts a competition caution in cases where the track has been substantially altered since the happy hour practice session. Some people think it's a reasonable compromise and others choose to whine and moan about it. #NASCAR

Essentially every other racing series in the world schedules a pre-race warm up session. Nascar doesn't do that, because drivers, owners, and some other team personnel are busy with sponsors, fans, and media in the hours before the start. So Nascar inserts a competition caution in cases where the track has been substantially altered since the happy hour practice session. Some people think it's a reasonable compromise and others choose to whine and moan about it. #NASCAR
The track is often rained on during races, but you never see a competition caution after a red flag if they restart the same day. That causes me to question the necessity.

Never been a fan of NH. No more trick race tracks. Just fix the damn race cars. Burton and Retard blabbered for 3 days about multiple grooves and sticky stuff. The end result was more of the usual.

Never been a fan of NH. No more trick race tracks. Just fix the damn race cars. Burton and Retard blabbered for 3 days about multiple grooves and sticky stuff. The end result was more of the usual.

From what is being said, the drivers council is still high on the stuff, most of them say it helped a little. Good idea to only have one race there IMO. Vegas is a better race track and has more promotion and when they were showing money it pays more to win.

The crowd was scarce, sorta like Richmond a few weeks ago. A lot of social media talkers say Nascar needs more short tracks, but actual support for 'em seems pretty thin. And a low rating from Gluck's poll (50-50 vote so far).

The track is often rained on during races, but you never see a competition caution after a red flag if they restart the same day. That causes me to question the necessity.

I think most people see it for what it is and that is just an excuse to bunch up the field and prevent cars from going laps down. If Nascar was really worried about driver safety they wouldn't run at plate tracks and would have competition cautions after rain delays.

The crowd was scarce, sorta like Richmond a few weeks ago. A lot of social media talkers say Nascar needs more short tracks, but actual support for 'em seems pretty thin. And a low rating from Gluck's poll (50-50 vote so far).

It made Richmond look like a full house.

I've read on social media that the camp ground was pretty packed, they had a really good time and a lot of them were watching from around the track on the grass and from motor homes. yeah it was a long way from full but a better crowd than previous years they said FWIW. Others said different..the usual.

I watched the finish today on replay. The 11 destroyed the car after the race in the burnout and over heated the engine. ($$$$$) The burnout is a way to get the car past post race inspection period. Nascar has to stop this crap, it isnt fun to watch anyway. The 21 car won at Pocono and did a basic Alan Kulwicki polish victory lap. 2 thumbs up for the 21 driver. And nascar wonders why ratings are low? Why do they even have inspections? they dont seem to catch sh!t. Lug nut violations should be fine ($) free, dock them 5 positions for every lug nut missing/ loose. 10 spots for a 2nd offense. Cheat-Win-Smash the car and keep the points and money------Brilliant!--------

Back
Top Bottom